Thread: Haven't seen this phish yet...

Haven't seen this phish yet...

Just got this this morning, to a three letter account name with a major ISP, I use that just to see what the phishers are up to lately. It doesn't ask for any account information, and there's no sure indication of an advance fee fraud in here, although that's what I'm thinking it will eventually lead to if people follow it. It does ask for enough information to possible hijack someone's identity though. A quick Google search on the from address turned up nothing. Anyone seen anything like this yet?

X-Apparently-To: <three_letter_account_name> via 206.190.37.218; Thu, 13 Jul 2006 06:30:18 -0700
    X-YahooFilteredBulk: 84.137.27.250
    X-Originating-IP: [84.137.27.250]
    Authentication-Results: *****
    from=netscape.net; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)
    Received: from 84.137.27.250 (EHLO mx4.hotmail.com) (84.137.27.250)
    by ***** with SMTP; Thu, 13 Jul 2006 06:30:18 -0700
    Subject: [Bulk] REPRESENTATIVE un
    To: *****
    Content-Type: text/plain
    Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 15:30:16 +0200
    X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
    X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
    X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
    X-Status: NC
    X-KMail-EncryptionState:
    X-KMail-SignatureState:
    X-KMail-MDN-Sent:

GRAND EXPORT COMPANY
    UNIT 3A & 3B OLYMPIC WAY,
    FEFTON BUSINESS PARKS,
    AINTREE LIVERPOOL,
    L30 1RD, UNTTED KINGDON

Dear Sir/Madam,

We have received your mail; first We must thank you for your interest to being my payment agent in this endeavor but before we commence it will be better you know more about this as you have indicated. My company export raw non-metallic minerals such as Calcite, Barytes, Manganese Dioxide, Dolomite, Mica, China, clay, Mangnese Dioxide, Ferrous (Iron) Oxide. The various industries we cater to are Paints, Rubber, Plastics, and Construction chemicals.

Our sales vary from different sizes as you will be sent a full schedule of our yearly export and net income on your partnership and competence with us. We will also like to note here that acting as our payment agent in your country in other words, you will be collecting payment from customers we supply goods to. By doing this on my behalf you will be paid 10% of very amount that you collect. This is how it goes when ever there is a payment to be made by any of them (my customers) you will be sent cash which you later send to us with the account we shall provide you. But payment can also come in check or money order which will be written in your name and in the case of check you will have to deposit in your account for the check to clear.

We hope to have informed you correctly and wait to hear from you soon so we can advice you on the very next step to take in this endeavor.

Please if you are interested forward to us your
    informations below:
    1. FULL NAME
    2. YOUR RESIDENTAIL ADDRESS
    3. YOUR CURRENT TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBER
    4. YOUR MARITAL STATUS
    5. YOUR OCCUPATION
    6. AGE

please send all informations to micgerrald@netscape.net

Best Regards.
    Mr Mike Gerrard(Ceo/president)
    Mr Paul Gravison. (Secretary)
    Grand Import And Export Company LTD.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

probably going to be something along the lines of a check that is given to you, that you then deposit in to your account. You forward the money on to the company in the "UNTTED KINGDON", less your "fee" of course, and then a few days later you find out the check that was given to you was counterfeit and you are on the hook for the total amount.

When you attempt to contact the main company they will have moved on and you are SOL.

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Hmmmmm.............................

Actually, manganese (Mn) and iron (Fe) are both metallic minerals

But, as you know, I always was a bit of a pedantic bugger

Actually, you would be bloody foolish to take it up, even if it were genuine.................you would be liable for tax on the whole amount unless you could prove different

That would require a very carefully drafted and witnessed legal agreement..................................