Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: symantec crashes windows

yeah i found out the hardway... i thought there was some fault in my hardware and a few sessions with HP (useless support group) they screw around my system and i need to reformat it 5 times so later i decided not to install MS drivers and it was fixed ahha

Originally posted here by whatever878787
    ATI driver up to date
    Ran AVG but it says that it cannot open C drive.. uninstalled reinstalled still the same (and i reboot everytime i uninstall/install AVG)

i tried event viewer but it doesnt say whats the problem... all i can see is it the startup event no shutdown or error event there
    Honestly, I am not even sure this sounds like a software problem to me... it very well be a hardware problem, IE: a failing Hard Drive or power supply.

I would check the most basic things first, such as using a volt meter on your power supply and make sure it is getting proper voltage.

Next step would be to verify that your Hard Drive is not dying a slow and painful death.

Running Memtest couldn't hurt either.

vaneck... thanks for the advice... the 'box' that i m using now is a laptop... is there a way to test the powersupply? and how can i see if the hdd is dying?

going to run memtest when i get back

Hmmm,

I don't think that your problem is/was hardware related, as that message is generally associated with firmware (driver) problems.

There are two basic ways of testing the power supply.

1. Physically testing the outputs with a multimeter.
    2. Using some sort of "PC Health" type software that monitors inputs to the MoBo.

To check your HDD go to the manufacturer's site and download their diagnostic software.

Upgrading to the latest available release of SEP can resolve many known conflicts and incompatibilities. Other conflicts can be overcome by creating an exclusion. tellculvers com survey taco bell breakfast hours
    Last edited by hawazop; September 2nd, 2022 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawazop View Post
    Upgrading to the latest available release of SEP can resolve many known conflicts and incompatibilities. Other conflicts can be overcome by creating an exclusion.
    You're a bit late. This thread is over 16 years old.
    Rad

I'd be calling Symantec if I were you.