Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stalker (using proxies) following me around at an Internet forum

Hi Pootie proxies can be traced, but you would need a lot of co-operation between law enforcement agencies and ISPs. This could be near impossible if there is a chain of proxies and some of them are overseas.

You have stated what your main problem is:

However, he won't get banned because he doesn't post anything offensive, just those litte annoying and harrassing personal hints that he constantly posts after me.
    If he won't get banned for what he posts, then nobody else will be too interested in him either.

by tracing I meant that figuring out that he is using a proxy would be enough to get him banned from that forum.
    That is one for your administrators.......................

First off, why dos anyone assume that Pootie is a she ??

None of its previous posts, nor profile indicate one way or another.

Second, why does this person Pootie always show up with some lame story about being stalked in some way or another?

If this person has been around for a year and a half, and read just 10% of what is here, then they would not be asking such a lame question.

Seems more like a Senior or banned member under another account to try and stir things up.

IMHO
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

Originally posted here by IKnowNot
    First off, why dos anyone assume that Pootie is a she ??

None of its previous posts, nor profile indicate one way or another.

Second, why does this person Pootie always show up with some lame story about being stalked in some way or another?

If this person has been around for a year and a half, and read just 10% of what is here, then they would not be asking such a lame question.

Seems more like a Senior or banned member under another account to try and stir things up.

IMHO
    geez, looks like you figured me all out.
    you're right I didn't put any info about my gender on here, I'd like to remain anonymous, is that against the tos? why does it matter to you, anyway? why do you check my post archive and excactly how am "stiring things up"?

I don't see how this could be considered a "lame story", your life must be very boring if you don't find this beliveable. the person I'm talking about here is indeed the same one whom I suspected to follow me a while back before.

also, how am I supposed to keep a track of all the posts on here? do honestly want me to log in to AO at least twice a day in order to read most of the threads? i did use the search function and didn't find anything regarding my question...that should be enough.

Don't you think that, if I were really some sort of troll, I would have at least created an alias?

anywho, post your reply to this and let's just leave it at that. I'd like to have some more constructive input on this.

Blast From the Past
    norton is a decent all around antivirus and firewall combo
    avg by grisoft is free
    bit defender is a good program
    trend micro and friends

most antivirus and firewalls are still around because they work... and anything is better then nothing
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

I'd like to remain anonymous, is that against the tos?
    Absolutely not.
    My comment about this was not an attack on you, had nothing to do with you at all, but was to point out that people often make assumptions which they should not.

... your life must be very boring if you don't find this beliveable.
    I guess you illustrate my point precisely!

As for the rest of your post, others can read and judge for themselves.
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

By everything you've said...you're being stalked by multiple accounts, the administrators are clueless or don't care, this person is suspected as the one who stalked you before, and....apparently these so-called friends you claim to have aren't helping you ( or you would have posted it there instead, wouldn't need to post here as there's nothing anyone here can/will do except offer advice, which you should be getting from your friends there...not here )...etc...

so...either you're full-of-it like IKnowNot suggested as a possibility and are just seeking attention...or...
    it's bizzarely true, and you have no friends there...which is why you're posting your problem here...instead of enlisting their help where they can actually do something there...so...just leave

there is no reason to post a problem like that here...when your problem is there...get your friends there to help you...and if they won't or can't...then...

leave.

What makes you think anyone here can help you if these ' friends ' on that site can't or won't?

Sorry but IKnowNot is right...this is lame...it's lame because you're so-called friends there obviously aren't helping you if this is legit or you wouldn't post it here...and...it's lame because you think posting this here will solve your problem there ( or why post it? )...and it won't solve your problem there.

If it's not true and just a way to get sympathy or attention it's lame...if it is true and all these friends aren't helping you there which makes you think anyone here will it's even lamer.

Eg

Banned
    Cough*NFG*Cough*Splatter*Cough*Cough*..

T3h Ch3F

Pootie

I suggest reading this information.

http://www.hoptechno.com/paranoia.htm

How do we know the real stalker is not you, and you are looking for ways to "Trace" your target.

Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

Hmmm,

That person is literally observing my forum activity and follows me around every where I go with 30+ accounts - no joke -
    Why, if they are not doing anything that will get them banned, what do they need 30 accounts for? As for observing your forum activity..................I have news for you, that is what forums are for. If you don't post, and just use the private messaging system, there will be nothing to observe. Just keep an eye on how many people put you on ignore, it might just tell you something, one way or another?

I know this for certain because I messaged some of the moderators of that forum and they reassured me that some of the accounts I mentioned to them are using proxies and they promised that they will keep an eye on one or two of them but they can't promise anything.
    That is moderator speak for "h1$$ off and quit botherin us" . We know if someone is using a proxy, so obviously these guys are not bothered about that. Generally you are not concerned unless someone is using a proxy to break the rules. Educational establishments and enterprises look like proxies, because that is how their networks function. Hey, AOL's entire network is based on proxies?

Perhaps you have annoyed 30+ people on the site and this is a collective effort? It wouldn't be the first time an "alliance" has been formed.

Your best solution is to leave and go elsewhere.

Originally posted here by Egaladeist
    By everything you've said...you're being stalked by multiple accounts, the administrators are clueless or don't care, this person is suspected as the one who stalked you before, and....apparently these so-called friends you claim to have aren't helping you ( or you would have posted it there instead, wouldn't need to post here as there's nothing anyone here can/will do except offer advice, which you should be getting from your friends there...not here )...etc...

so...either you're full-of-it like IKnowNot suggested as a possibility and are just seeking attention...or...
    it's bizzarely true, and you have no friends there...which is why you're posting your problem here...instead of enlisting their help where they can actually do something there...so...just leave

there is no reason to post a problem like that here...when your problem is there...get your friends there to help you...and if they won't or can't...then...

leave.

What makes you think anyone here can help you if these ' friends ' on that site can't or won't?

Sorry but IKnowNot is right...this is lame...it's lame because you're so-called friends there obviously aren't helping you if this is legit or you wouldn't post it here...and...it's lame because you think posting this here will solve your problem there ( or why post it? )...and it won't solve your problem there.

If it's not true and just a way to get sympathy or attention it's lame...if it is true and all these friends aren't helping you there which makes you think anyone here will it's even lamer.

Eg
    so I read your post...but I can't make any sense out of it.
    did I get that right, you want me to post a thread on there about how I am being stalked for my stalker to see? because that's what going to happen. or do you want me to pm every single person that I know on that board? secondly, the forum I am talking about has absolutely nothing to do with Internet or Computer Security, so even if I did that I woldn't get much help. that's why I came here in the first place, where else should I post a question about this if not on a forum about Internet security like AO?
    let me emphasize that I already messaged some moderators of that board but all of the mods except for the administrator, are computer illeterate.

Originally posted here by Galdron
    I suggest reading this information.

http://www.hoptechno.com/paranoia.htm

How do we know the real stalker is not you, and you are looking for ways to "Trace" your target.

good one.