Thread: JUNOS OJRE and AJRE boot camps

JUNOS OJRE and AJRE boot camps

Hey guys,

My company ponied up the money and sent me and a few others to the Juniper OJRE and AJRE boot camps. The instructor was absolutely awesome!! Double CCIE and JNCIE with a crap load of experience. It was probably the best class I've ever taken. There were so many topics that Juniper covered a lot better than Cisco, or it could have just been the instructor since he both worked and taught for both companies, along with other companies that used both products.

Now that I took the classes, I think I want to try and get some certs. Anyone here a Juniper guy? I'm currently studying for my CCNP, but they are so simular that I feel I might be able to do both at the same time. Is anyone here a Juniper guy? I know a lot of guys on here don't like certs, but I think it would be cool to learn JUNOS. Also, I find getting certs gives you some sort of direction when it comes to learning. The instructor actually put it pretty well, he said, "All of these paper certs lead up to the ones that actually matter, the CCIE and JNCIE".

Hi

i have done JNCIA and i am studying for JNCIS. I must admit i prefer Junipers equipment and JunOS over any Cisco IOS system. In fact the place where i wok now we only use Juniper's equipment well almost exclusively with few cisco routers still around. I think the main reason why we made a transition to Junipers gear, we used to have frequent network outages running Cisco router and their switches. Once we made a transition things have been a lot more stable at least for the last year.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If I'd asked my customers what they wanted, they'd have said a faster horse." ~ Henry Ford

Same deal here. We've been migrating to Juniper as well. They have that commit check which is awesome if you don't want to isolate a node. What are you using to study? I have the JUNOS as a Second Language my OJRE and AJRE books and an AJRE Flash CBT. I've been looking around for something on OJRE Flash CBT, without any luck.

Also, are you studying for the M Series or ER?