World Cup 1 ::: Hackers 0

Thread: World Cup 1 ::: Hackers 0

World Cup 1 ::: Hackers 0

Interesting news article released by Avaya. I guess with all the problems they had in 2002 FIFA did not want a repeat, and took extra security steps.

I was really suprised by the number of attacks that passed by the firewall and caught by the IDS , 128,000!!

Full Article here:
    http://www.upi.com/Hi-Tech/view.php?...9-040213-8014r
    That which does not kill me makes me stronger -- Friedrich Nietzche

T3h Ch3F

!!!!!!!!

Thank god the Italian Robot players were not hacked.

Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

S3cur|ty4ng31

I was really suprised by the number of attacks that passed by the firewall and caught by the IDS , 128,000!!
    Well it is a major international event, so I suppose it is an attractive target?

It may be 128,000 attacks, but that does not mean that many individuals were involved. I would think that a lot of them would be attempts at website defacement, as those are the kind of mindless individuals it would attract.

Also, a lot of firewalls let you block IP addresses and address blocks. You can frequently identify regions by this; so I would block (say) Nigeria, China, Russia, the Middle East, North America, and so on, if I didn't do any business with those regions?

It is the WORLD Cup, so it has to be open to all regions? That could partly explain why so many got through the firewall?