Yahoo Messenger Problems
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Messenger Problems

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

Yahoo Messenger Problems

Hi, I have a yahoo messenger problem that I thought I would have yall take a look at for me.
    This problem happens in any version of yahoo I try that is above version 6.0 ( they are at beta 8.0 now) Now I could go all the way back to 6.0 and not have this problem but I would lose alot of the features and functionality. There is some kind of IE Script Error or runtime error from what I can gather. Everytime I want to message someone a box up comes up ( screenshot attached) tells me "access denied to some tmp. file but I am the admin on this box! it also does weird things like randomly shuts down on me or when I press enter to send a message it doesnt send at all. I cant access any of the yahoo chatrooms just randomly messing up. I went into the registry and deleted everything related to yahoo messenger that I could find and then did a re-install but that didnt help at all. im lost here? it just frustrates me that it doesnt work. And I checked Google and the yahoo help pages but I didnt find anything there.

edit/ btw the tmp file error changes everytime i start yahoo (example one time it could be tmp9.tmp the next its tmpTD.tmp etc)

SCREENSHOT
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I have had similar issues but I have traced something to it. I've found that Yahoo will crash if I use Firefox to access Yahoo Mail. If I use IE it doesn't crash as much. I have to admit I haven't investigated it enough to figure out the connection but I do know there is that connection. The webcam is where I often see the error you describe and the only thing I can attribute to it is either issues on the webcam connection or bad ad design.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Hi Tex~

I have just returned from the annual p1$$ up and barbeque of my local cactus and succulent society so don't expect too much sense now.

If you go into IE and <tools> and then <advanced>, hunt down the "Display a notification about every script error" and the "Show friendly HTTP error messages" boxes. Make sure that they are unchecked (you may need to reboot ).

Johnno

Johnno, I tried your suggestions and they didnt work but I did notice something funny, when that error msg ( the one in the screenshot) comes up I have always been pressing "yes" but even if I press "no" the box still pops up for me to type a message in. But it still just randomly shuts down yahoo or gives me errors. This is very frustrating if this doesnt get solved I guess I will go back to Trillian.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

I sent my problem into THIS guy lol! I wanna see if he responds.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

dude, easy solution, don't *****ing use yahoo messenger

Ya i used Trillian a LONG time ago but then i switched to yahoo and the darkside lol but Trillian is looking better and better
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Hi Tex~,

Clutching at straws now

I mentioned it to a couple of guys and one suggested going into IE and disabling the Yahoo! toolbar (right click on it to get the options then uncheck it).

The other said that he had heard of it being "cured" by going to IE 7, but that could be just exchanging one problem for several others?

Originally posted here by The Texan
    I sent my problem into THIS guy lol! I wanna see if he responds.
    Okay Tex, how did you get my link.... Did you check your IE plugins or BHO's, you can see a listing of these with Spybot S & D, maybe a conflict?...
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Hmmmm,

I take your point dalek , and that seems to be what my mates were suggesting, but they felt that it was probably a pure IE/Yahoo! issue. Unless, of course, you threw Norton (Symantec) into the equation