Hello all!

well my sister's comp...had me pulling out all my hair. It's an Asus computer [celeron processor, 128 mb RAM] and that's really all that i can say about it. First it was overun with viruses and then what i had to do was do system restore (like 4 times by now) and run AVG virus scanner on it and Adaware se too and erase some new programs off startup. Its was ok for a while, but then the popups came back and made the computer unmanageable. Once again i had to try the virus erasing again but soon before i could try, the computer wouldn't let me get past the user login screen. They have a password on their computer and once you put it in, all you get is a blue screen, the normal wallpaper and then it stays that way. It does the same thing in safe mode too. Eventually we end up turning it off by pulling the plug. I wanted to completely reinstall but i can't find the windows XP pro installation disks which my dad lost. Anyone have a solution? or understand what's going on?

The AntiOnline Question Template
Do you have all critical Updates installed? yes
If you answered No to last question what was last update you installed?
Do you have an antivirus program? yes
If yes what program is it? adaware se and avg
Also do you keep it updated with latest definitions? yes
Do you have a firewall? yes
If yes what type? windows firewall, if that counts
Do you have any spy/adware checking programs? yes
If yes what ones? syware blaster
Have you scanned your PC with an online virus scanner no
If yes what were the reults?
How do you connect to the internet? (dial-up, adsl etc) wirelesss router connected to a cable modem
Are you on a LAN? don't think so
If yes what type is it (Home/Business – Wireless etc)
Are you receiving any error messages? ???no??
If yes what do they say?
Is there anything which is triggering error (running certain application etc)? nah
If yes please give details
Do you have any other devices connected? (usb drives/external HD’s/printers etc) usb mouse

Any other comments? yes, id just like to add that before this happened, that I tried to install ram into the computer. I hard a preety hard time, cause like i couldn't get both sides in. I guess im a weakling . I tried startiing it up with one of the "ram holders" out of place and it didn't start up. So, i took out the ram stick and everything seemed prefectly normal. The next day all the popups and virus stuff came up...I dont think its relaeted but it might be.