Thread: Plugins

Plugins

Hi, after my palarva with firefox and thunderbird (which was not actually to do with either of them by the way, two fine programs) I reverted back to Mozilla suite which I have always liked, but can't find any of those wonderful little plugins that I had for firefox, like "no script" and the useful tab options one, etc.

Are there any, or did mozilla suite get overlooked because firefox and thunderbird are more popular?

yours curiously

Curious Jonny George
    Sarcasm is a way of life

Well this is from Wikipedia:

On March 10, 2005, the Mozilla Foundation announced that they would not release any further official versions of the suite beyond 1.7.x. However, the Mozilla Foundation emphasized that they would provide infrastructure for community members who wished to continue development. In effect, this means that the suite will still continue to be developed, but not by the Mozilla Foundation itself. To avoid confusing organizations that still want to use the Mozilla Suite, it was announced that the new, community-developed product will be named "SeaMonkey", with version numbers that start at "1.0".
    So, the organisation has sort of "branched" with the mainstream concentrating on the development of the standalone Firefox and Thunderbird.

Those plugins are not available for the Mozilla Suite.

Oh my word, now ther's a shock!!!

Terribly frightened Jonny
    Sarcasm is a way of life

Hey Jonny! good news mate, it seems that I lied to you

I have just this minute finished upgrading a box so I was upgrading the software and noticed that there were no plug-ins for Firefox installed. I went to the Firefox site to get the Adblock and Scriptblock ones and discovered that they WILL work with Mozilla Suite v1.7

I think that has been true from about May this year............... well at my age you cannot be expected to keep ontrack with everything?

Remember, you get it from the Firefox site