Thread: Bizarre Problem Creating Folders

Question Bizarre Problem Creating Folders

Yet another one of my really weird, obscure issues...

So, this user (on WinXP) opens a network directory, and creates chooses to create a new folder. Folder doesn't appear. No error message. However, when she closes the window, then opens it again, there it is!

Same thing happens when renaming. The change will not show until she closes the window then reopens it.

Anyone ever run into this before?

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    Ok im just throwing ideas out here... lets pretend for a minute she isnt logged in locally, she is on a domain. So maybe she creates it but it doesnt show then she has to close it and re-open give the DC time to refresh with the new information ( i.e. the folder) but if she is logged in locally I guess that idea goes out the window?
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Hmmmm,

Yes I have, but a while ago, and in not very well written or badly hacked applications.

Out of curiosity, does she have the ability to refresh the view, and if so, what happens then?

She is logged into the domain...

Windows Explorer usually doesn't have a refresh button (that I've ever noticed), so that's a negative on that one...

Windows Explorer usually doesn't have a refresh button (that I've ever noticed), so that's a negative on that one...

It doesn't need one. Just use f5, which refreshes your window

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Windows Explorer usually doesn't have a refresh button (that I've ever noticed), so that's a negative on that one
    View-refresh

or right click the toolbar (the tool button bar- with your forward, back, up, folders etc...) select customise, and add refresh to the toolbar icons..done
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr