Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digital photo recovery

Digital photo recovery

My parents recently went on a trip to the grand canyon and while they were there, they took a lot of pics on their digital camera. Unfortionarly when they came home and tried to upload the pics to the computer they pulled prematurly and ended up losing half the photo's. I tried using Easy Recovery Professional to recover the files and it recovered all of them, but when you try to open them, nothing happens. Can anyone recoment a better program, or a fix to this situation?

AOs Resident Troll
    What are the file extensions...???

When you recovered them...where did you put them???

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

they were .jpeg files. I just put them on the desktop after they were recovered.

Banned
    download Helix ..

Burn it to a blanc CDR, then insert CD in while logged in windows..

it will load up a warning screen click accept. once you've chosen your preffered language.

then click the page menu at the top, then choose misc tools.

then choose File Recovery.

And i'm sure that you can work it out from there..

cheers
    acidtone..

AOs Resident Troll
    Sorry...they were jpeg...but they are not jpeg now???

MLF

Hmmmm,

As these are just pictures of (very excellent IMO) scenery, could you possibly attach an example of one of these lost files to your next post?

DON'T USE THE CAMERA! ................ the images are still there on the flash memory card!

As a future reference (yes, I have come across this problem more than once ) The first move is to copy the files from the flash card to the PC and check them out FIRST! You must not "move" or "download" if that apparently removes them.

If I am going to do redeye removal and fancy stuff, I copy the pictures into another folder and mess with them there, until I am happy. That still leaves me with the original flash card images and the original folder on the PC (C:\), plus the WIP or final version, on the F:\ hard drive............. yeah, I trust technology

Incidentally, I prefer Bryce to GC

It wont let me upload the pic, it says its not a valid jpg file. I'll have to upload it somewhere else at a later time.

Hi,

Have you checked the file sizes.............they aren't "0" are they?

To attach the file, try copying one as another name............ testpic1 or something, then change the extension to .txt

AOs Resident Troll
    You could try a memory card reader.....I have used that when my older camera software wouldnt download the pictures from my camera

Just pop the memory card into the drive and copy paste.....

MLF

To upload.. why not zip the file... then upload.. there are methods of recovering corrupted images.. we start with what you've got..

- What size are the files you've recovered (as per Nihils comment).. if we have kbs we have something to work with if we have zero, then we look at a different recovery method,,

-in keeping with nihils comments.. keep the card in a safe place.. we look at what we have got before we move onto other tools like bad copy pro. helix, etc..or trying in a different card reader
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr