Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EntryPoint ??

EntryPoint ??

hello, some of you know EntryPoint it hotmail?

Thanks! !

Hello sowher and welcome to AO.

I am afraid that I do not understand what your question is. I think it has something to do with the Entry Point into the Hotmail application ?

I appreciate that English is not your first language.

Please give more details and attach your question as a .txt file in your own language.

One of us might be able to help

yes. on the front page of hotmail, there is a place for you to enter your email address and password. simply providing these two peices of info will gain you access to your hotmail account. should you be missing one of these two pieces of info, there are steps that can be taken to reset your password if you remember the info you entered when you setup the account.

you should have setup an alternate email address and a secret question when you created the account. you can click on "forgot your password" link and send your alternate email address a password reset link. or, you can take the option to answer your secret question and then reset the password that way.

if the account you are trying to access is not yours... then you're sol. sh17 out of luck.

good day.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

In English
    ------------

Thanks to respond to me, and the truth that I do not dominate to much English but sere more I specify. What I am doing is my own Outlook and I am trying to connect to me to Hotmail and I cannot, is for that reason that asked as it is the EntryPoint…

Thanks!

En Español
    --------------

Gracias por responderme, y la verdad que no domino mucho el ingles pero sere más especifico. Lo que estoy haciendo es mi propio Outlook y estoy tratando de conectarme a Hotmail y no puedo, es por ello que preguntaba cual es el EntryPoint...

Gracias!!!

As far as I know, hotmail only offers HTTP access. Not POP3 or IMAP.
    So, you can't use Microsoft Outlook to read your mail.

If you want an alternative, gmail does allow POP3 access. (on nonstandard ports.)
    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=12103
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

The idea is to create my own Outlook…

I seem to recall that Outlook Express can be set up to access a hotmail account.

Hola!

The problem is that the free version of Hotmail had POP3/IMAP support withdrawn quite some time ago.

You can only do it (I think) if you have the paid for version of Hotmail?

If you want to create your own version of Outlook you will need to get an e-mail provider that still supports that method of access.

Just Another Geek
    You could create a client that "reads" the webinterface of Hotmail.

As for the entrypoint, that would be http://www.hotmail.com
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

By the email there is no problem since it designs one to me in c#, which until now I cannot is to logear itself, for that reason foot the EntryPoint