I know most of all the security professionals on the boards here have come across this idea to start up their own business and stop working for the evil corporate empires. Well, I'm at this stage in my career and I think I've had about enough of people who know security buzz words and not a thing about security. They all think having a firewall, antivirus, IDS, IPS and all the rest of the technologies means that you are secure. They know nothing....

I have come across this idea after being in the security field for about 5 years and I've seen how these companies and especially financial companies deal with security and I can't take it anymore. All they do is reactive and they do not proactively fix security issues. So I have gathered many friends and former coworkers and I have decided to try to start up this business.

What I wanted to know from all of you is, has anyone had the experience of starting this type of business and what did they did to start and get customers and any other insights or recommendations would be appreciated. thanks