Thread: Laptop in a Lunchbox?

Laptop in a Lunchbox?

OK, so my friends and I were joking around about the Mac Mini ("the" Lunch-Box), and I think it is feasible to make a laptop lunchbox (or at least a desktop lunchbox).

Has anyone tried this? I tried googling around and found nothing on it.

The one problem that my friend thought about was cooling! I've thought little about it, and consequently have little idea how to solve such a problem.

Or the matter of putting an LCD screen in the lunchbox, is there any relation between the dimensions of a lunchbox and an LCD screen?

The rest should theoretically be child's play of getting a mini motherboard, the RAM, the hard drive(s), video and sound cards, network card, etc.

Has anyone ever thought of this?
    "The Texan turned out to be good-natured, generous and likeable. In three days no one could stand him." Catch 22 by Joseph Heller.

Buddies? I have no buddies...

Give the BSD daemon some love (proud FreeBSD user)

BANNED
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

is there any relation between the dimensions of a lunchbox and an LCD screen?
    what other than the screen with current common domestic availability cant be folded or bent.. so the screen is as large as a side of your lunch box...
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

T3h Ch3F

Re: Laptop in a Lunchbox?

Originally posted here by Arkimedes
    OK, so my friends and I were joking around about the Mac Mini ("the" Lunch-Box), and I think it is feasible to make a laptop lunchbox (or at least a desktop lunchbox).

Has anyone tried this? I tried googling around and found nothing on it.

The one problem that my friend thought about was cooling! I've thought little about it, and consequently have little idea how to solve such a problem.

Or the matter of putting an LCD screen in the lunchbox, is there any relation between the dimensions of a lunchbox and an LCD screen?

The rest should theoretically be child's play of getting a mini motherboard, the RAM, the hard drive(s), video and sound cards, network card, etc.

Has anyone ever thought of this?

I guess I am just a retard but.....................Where are you going to keep your lunch?

And the question of cooling is nothing new, lunch boxes have never been a place for Mayonnaise, let alone a Motherboard.

I would rather have a well kept lunch, than a poorly kept laptop. Imagine your mom having to boot up your cold meatloaf sandwich and click the stale ketchup as quickly as possible just so you don't miss the short bus?

Get some good religion from Bad Religion.