Thread: Get me into this country!

Get me into this country!

I recived this via the Private Messaging of one of AO's sister forums. If I'm not mistaken, this one is not exactly asking for money, although I'm sure if one were to follow it up, then that's what it'd come down to.
    Has anyone else seen this variation on "help me cover transaction costs"?
    From Prince Micheal,
    Abidjan Cote D'ivoire
    West Africa.

Dear One,

I am Prince Micheal David the only Son of late King David Kule,
    My father was former Director of finance Sierra-Leone diamond,Gold and mining corporation, in Free Town , the economic capital of Sierra Leon, my father was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their outings on a business trip .While my mother died when I was a baby and since then my father took me so special. Before his death on october 2005 in a private hospital in Free Town Sierra Leon. he secretly called me on his bed side and told me that he has the sum of Seven Million Two Hundred Thousand,United State Dollars. US($7,200.000.00) left in fixed /suspense account in one of the prime bank in Abidjan the economic capital of Cote d'Ivoire,that he used my name as his only Son for the next of Kin in depositing of the fund. He also explained to me that it was because of this wealth that he was poisoned by his business ssociates.That incase he die I should move out of the country down to Cote d' Ivoire where he made the deposit to seek for a foreign partner in a country of my choice where i will transfer this money and use it for investment purpose after my education such as real estate management or hotel management.I am living in Cote D'Ivoire since 3months now.
    Dear I am honourably seeking your assistance, since I am only 22years and To make arrangement for me to come over to your country to further my education and to secure a resident permit in your country while you will be take care of investing this money.
    Moreover, Dear, I am willing to offer you 15% of the total sum as compensation for your effort/ input after the successful transfer of this fund into your nominated account overseas.
    Anticipating to hear from you via this address. p.micheal7@yahoo.com or call +225-08-73-78-44

Best Regard,

Prince Micheal.
    On a side note, what on earth is it with phising and terrible spelling? Is it some physcological thing with making the mark feel like they're the smarter one or is it just that these guys are insanely lazy?
    \"Some say they go looking for Drugs, Dirty Dancing and Pounding, Pounding Techno Music.\"
    *ahem* contact me

Banned
    I recived this via the Private Messaging of one of AO's sister forums.
    I'm curious as to know what forum would that be.?

Also it's got me stumped as to why a Prince would have to use a free email account from Yahoo.com?

I guess some silly sod will fall for this type of scam though..

Cheers
    acidtone..

Originally posted here by acidtone
    I'm curious as to know what forum would that be.?
    webdeveloper.com, ran under internet.com, just like AO.
    \"Some say they go looking for Drugs, Dirty Dancing and Pounding, Pounding Techno Music.\"
    *ahem* contact me

i have see it,

only difference was that it was in my inbox of yahoo account with that " yahoo confirms that it was sent from yahoo" thing. remember it because i had fwded it to a couple of my friends just for fun.
    you are entering the vicinity of an area adjecent to the location.

Banned
    Anyhow i really wouldn't worry about it to much, but if the message was sent via the forum private messaging system, then send a email or Pm to JPNYC either here, or over at the forum in question.

i'm sure that he will fix the nuisance up quick smart.

cheers
    acidtone..

Originally posted here by bagggi
    it was in my inbox of yahoo account with that " yahoo confirms that it was sent from yahoo"
    The "this e-mail is genuine" messages never fail to amuse me, one of my favorites was when I was with Yahoo and it read: "NORTON ANTIVIRUS: NO VIRUS DETECTED" straight over: "Infected file".
    Originally posted here by acidtone
    send a email or Pm to JPNYC
    Naturaly, I reported it before posting it here.
    *ahem* contact me