Thread: Another MS Money Scam

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

Another MS Money Scam

I received this in my email tonight from one of my less enlightened friends. This is an old scam but I wanted to point out a few things I found interesting

I hope this works! At least we may make a little cash. Maybe??
    This was on the 9:00 o'clock news the other night and this works
    THIS TOOK TWO PAGES OF THE TUESDAY USATODAY - IT IS FOR REAL
    Subject: PLEEEEEEASE READ!!!! it was on the news!
    This thing is for real. Rest assured AOL and Intel will follow through with their promises for fear of facing a multimillion-dollar class action suit similar to the one filed by PepsiCo against General Electric not too long ago.
    Dear Friends; Please do not take this for a junk letter. Bill Gates sharing his fortune. If you ignore this, You will repent later. Microsoft and AOL are now the largest Internet companies and in an effort to make sure that Internet Explorer remains the most widely used program, Microsoft and AOL are running an e-mail beta test.
    When you forward this e-mail to friends, Microsoft can and will track it ( If you are a Microsoft Windows user) For a two weeks time period.
    For every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will pay you $245.00 (-Scam!) For every person that you sent it to that forwards it on, Microsoft will pay you $243.00 and for every third person that receives it, You will be paid $241.00. Within two weeks, Microsoft will contact you for your address and then send you a check.
    Regards. Charles S Bailey General Manager Field Operations
    1-800-842-2332 Ext. 1085 or 904-1085 or RNX
    292-1085 Charles_Bailey@csx.com Charles_bailey@csx.com

I thought this was a scam myself, But two weeks after receiving this e-mail and forwarding it on. Microsoft contacted me for my address and within days, I receive a check for $24,800.00. You need to respond before the beta testing is over. If anyone can afford this, Bill gates is the man.
    It's all marketing expense to him. Please forward this to as many people as possible. You are bound to get at least $10,000.00. We're not going to help them out with their e-mail beta test without getting a little something for our time. My brother's girlfriend got in on this a few months ago. When I went to visit him for the Baylor/UT game. She showed me her check. It was for the sum of $4,324.44 and was stamped "Paid in full"
    Like I said before, I know the law, and this is for real.
    Intel and AOL are now discussing a merger which would make them the largest Internet company and in an effort make sure that AOL remains the most widely used program, Intel and AOL are running an e-mail beta test.
    When you forward this e-mail to friends, Intel can and will track it( if you are a Microsoft Windows user)for a two week time period.
    Try it; What have you got to lose
    No virus found in this outgoing message.
    Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
    Version: 7.0.323 / Virus Database: 267.6.2 - Release Date: 6/4/2005

CSX.com leads HERE its a North American Railroad Company... Whoever Charles S Bailey is he has nothing to do with MS or AOL lol.

It also says at the bottom "Release Date 6/4/05 is that when the email orginally started or is that the release date on the email AVG Virus Protection?
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Hey Hey,

Texan: The release date is related to AVG... it puts that on everything it sends/recieves to verify it's checked it over..

As for the letter... this isn't actually a scam... all they're asking you to do is forward the email... It's a chain letter It's like the if you send this to 20 people your wish will come true emails...

It is humourous how little IT knowledge the person who wrote it had though.... they just picked buzz words... hrm... I think I have an idea about who started this... and they are now a member of this site.

Peace,
    HT

HT, your right it is considered a chain letter that you should pass on ( which I didnt lol) but its a scam in that you will NEVER get any money out of it no matter how many times you pass it on.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Originally posted here by The Texan
    HT, your right it is considered a chain letter that you should pass on ( which I didnt lol) but its a scam in that you will NEVER get any money out of it no matter how many times you pass it on.

scam P Pronunciation Key (skm) Slang
    n.
    A fraudulent business scheme; a swindle

syn: victimize, swindle, rook, goldbrick, nobble, diddle, bunco, defraud, mulct, gyp, con
    You'd be very hard pressed to find someone that considered that a scam... at the most it's a con... which is synonymous with scam... but in a different way...

Well.... since you did whip out the dictionary I guess im beat lol.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Banned
    It is humourous how little IT knowledge the person who wrote it had though.... they just picked buzz words... hrm... I think I have an idea about who started this... and they are now a member of this site.

Care to tell us all whom this member is.? Or are we going to do a old time favourite of mine and just start a wild witch hunt to out the chain e-mail starter..?

cheers
    acidtone..

Originally posted here by acidtone

Care to tell us all whom this member is.? Or are we going to do a old time favourite of mine and just start a wild witch hunt to out the chain e-mail starter..?

cheers
    acidtone..
    Witchhunt sounds good to me

Alright, alright... it was me... sorry guys...

westin
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST