Thread: Nokia N80

Unhappy Nokia N80

Hello,
    I changed my phone with Nokia N80. I have very contacts (more than the SIM capacitet). Can anybody help me? Do you have an idea how to move all contacts (whole phone book) from my pc of SE K700 to the nokia? In the store told me that I must transfer it one-by-one, but I have more than 400 contacts
    BGDevS
    [gloworange]www.peaksoft.info [/gloworange]

Hmmm hey there..first..your question has little or nothing to do with Wireless Security,GCC might've be more appropriate.Is there a way you can copy your contacts on your SIM from the SE K700?That way you could just copy onto the SIM,put the SIM into your N80,copy them,delete them from your SIM and repeat this till you're done.I also see that it's got bluetooth..why not just select a lot of them and send them via bluetooth?

Hi,
    checkout the description of this forum:

Wireless Security
    Discuss wireless security, including wifi, cell phones, PDAs and more.
    So,
    I can't copy them to SIM, because the SIM can store 250 numbers and I have more than 500 on my phone. The problem with bluetooth is that I can send the whole phonebook, but the nokia stores only the first contact. It has an option to read numbers from memory card, but store 1st number too.
    BGDevS
    [gloworange]www.peaksoft.info [/gloworange]

True..but you might've had greater luck on a forum which was more related to the type of question you have..anyway,you might want to check out MOBILedit!(http://www.mobiledit.com/),it doesnt mention the K700 but it's worth a shot.Also try and look at http://forums.mobiledia.com/topic3514.htm.And I realise you can't copy all your contacts at once but it'd take two tries?Or wasn't I clear enough?
    Cheers

Antionline Herpetologist
    You can still copy them to SIM. On my phone (a Nokia 3120), the move to SIM function copies the first x (x being the number of contacts the SIM can hold) and halts when it runs out of space. Change the SIM over and move contacts to the new phone. Now put the SIM back in the old phone and repeat until you've moved all the contacts. Remember to use move and not copy so that the moved contacts are deleted from the old phone so that when you put in the SIM again, the move starts from where it left off.

Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com