Thread: S.A.M.A.E.L "the new Anonymous OS"

S.A.M.A.E.L "the new Anonymous OS"

Does anyone know where to download this new live cd? I was on kaos.theory and it seems that it probally isn't going to be release until Defcon 14 when it is presented. Dr.kaos created Anonymous OS and this I believe is his new distro. Anyone know what what is going on it???

Here is all I can find, please let me know if anyone has anymore info on it:

Written by dr.kaos
    Tuesday, 27 June 2006
    That’s right, from the 1337 hax0rs that brought you Anonym.OS, kaos.theory/security.research presents S.A.M.A.E.L. (Secure, Anonymous, Megalomaniacal, Autonomous, Encrypting Linux), the natural evolution of our secure, automagicically anonymizing operating system, Anonym.OS into a kick-ass anonymizing server!

In unison, we're proud to introduce N.A.R.C...
    Getting useful, attractive reports out of scanning tools is a bitch. People pay vendors thousands just for some slick charts and graphs. Why? Because SQL is hard for a boot-camp MCSE. So get your ‘Security for Dummies’ books and your free Nessus downloads ready, folks, because we’ve got scripts and queries all packaged up as pretty as your mom on a Friday night. kaos.theory’s newest member, jonathan white, joins atlas and crew to introduce N.A.R.C., the Network Analysis Reporting Console.

In its initial release, N.A.R.C. can utilize output from common security tools like Nessus, Paros, and NMap to populate a database via automated scripts for reporting purposes. Version 0.DC14 also includes rudimentary reporting capabilities.

For those planning on joining us in Las Vegas this year, check the schedule and the speakers page for more information!

The answer will doubtless be "no"....................as the guy says, it will be unveiled at Defcon 14.

I doubt if anyone will reveal what they might know either as that would be stealing the guy's thunder and totally bad manners.

I doubt if any of those who have been entrusted with beta test versions will release it either. That would be even worse manners, and a blatant theft of intellectual property.

It is his baby, so it is up to him to call the shots?

Just keep tracking the blog...............a few appetizers may be released in advance?

So you've been wondering also, what is going to be in this new distro. I'm pretty interested myself, this will bring the live distro's to a new level. I'm glad to see these distro's coming out i.e N.A.R.C are now going to have some reporting capability along with all the bells and whistles. I have to say though Backtrack at this moment is pretty solid.

A friend and I went to Defcon this year and from what I saw, I believe they were throwing copies into the audience. But since I didn't get my hands on one because I was sitting in the back that I could assume it was SAMAEL and NARC.

Enforcer

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    What was your impression of DEFCON this year (not to hijack the thread or anything)?

--Th13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Originally posted here by thehorse13
    What was your impression of DEFCON this year (not to hijack the thread or anything)?

--Th13
    This is my 3rd year and I must say that having it at the Riviera was great because there weren't any Goons trying to kick you out after a talk, so you could sit through as many as you want, assuming the talks were in the same track.

The talks them self were excellent in my opinion. Last year, a guy gave a talk on Social Engineering and from what my friends and I got was that he wasn't qualified to give the talk. People of course were in the Defcon mind set so hurds of people moving through the hallways and what not.

The talk that really impressed me was from Major Malfunction. He did the talk on Mag Striping which in my opinion defines the definition of "hacking". I am impressed with him overall because I seen his talk at Toorcon on IR hacking which was presented by someone who knows the industry.

Overall, Defcon was really good due to the fact that there were a lot of talks that were presented at blackhat that were also presented at defcon.

Enforcer