Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unblockable e-mail?

Angry Unblockable e-mail?

This all started today.

I was checking my e-mails and blocking all the spam, when all the sudden a spammers e-mail (VeryCheapNewSoftw@www.thompenoglarsen.dk) said "This email address cannot be blocked". I would like to find a solution to this as I would like to keep my boxes clean.

To:restaurant@www.thompenoglarsen.dk
    *SPAM*

I did a little research and www.thompenoglarsen.dk is a restaurant's website.
    I also got an IP: 87.238.248.110

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Woohoo awesome sig!

The email didn't actually come from that website. I'm not sure why it won't let you block it, but it doesn't matter, because blocking that email won't help you any. They'll fake a new website next time. If you do a whois on the IP, you can tell it obviously doesn't belong to that website. (http://samspade.org/t/ipwhois?a=87.238.248.110)

Stopping spam won't keep your box clean. Just don't open emails if you can't tell what they are and who they are from, and keep your email software updated, and you'll be ok.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Go ahead and block it. What are they gonna do,
    sue you?
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Ah. I never open any spam up, but do you know of anyways I can limit down on it? It's very frustrating deleting Spam after Spam. I have Norton (antispam, antivirus, the works), but it somehow gets through it.
    Woohoo awesome sig!

Switch ISPs, make an account on gmail or some other free web service, etc.

Other than that, you're gonna keep getting a lot of spam based on what ISP you are on.
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Originally posted here by rcgreen
    Go ahead and block it. What are they gonna do,
    sue you?
    That's the problem, it says "Unable to block" then it has a OK button. It doesn't give me much of a option.

Originally posted here by The Grunt
    Switch ISPs, make an account on gmail or some other free web service, etc.

Other than that, you're gonna keep getting a lot of spam based on what ISP you are on.
    I'm on more of a network, so switching ISP's is not a option. Could there be any way I could have only the people on my address book get into the Inbox, and have the rest in a different box? Or, if that won't work, contact my ISP and have them disallow that IP to be able to get to my E-mail?
    Woohoo awesome sig!

Most email clients have filters like that you can set. Dig around your options or google a bit and you should find something like that.

OK will do! Thanks for all the help guys! If anyone else has a solution, I'll try that too.
    Woohoo awesome sig!

Spammers are switching tactics lately. Increasingly they are using image-based emails to beat spam blockers and avoiding text- and html-based email. I've never used Norton's anti-spam, but from the sounds of it, the spammers have been doing some coding of their own.

I use Yahoo and some other web-based accounts, and image-based spam is beating their anti-spam systems, too. FWIW.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

If this is a personal e-mail account try setting up a white list, where you only allow e-mails from addresses that you have pre-defined. If this is a business account then go with the other options already mentioned.

Good luck.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!