Miami Vice.. omg

Thread: Miami Vice.. omg

Lightbulb Miami Vice.. omg

Random, but good lord, could a movie suck less? Why not just go ahead and burn all copies of the tv show, and spit on them while inflamed..

Seriously, although I left during the early third of the movie, i was disgusted, it was absolutely terrible. It was like bad boys II without the comedy or storyline, mixed with a touch of joe versus the volcano and an awful rip-off of blow, i mean seriously, the first 45 minutes or whatever had this storyline:

Some random dude sells drugs, gets ****ed over, all of a sudden bad ass cops get involved, sell drugs, random incomprehensible sadly thrown in action, some confusing non-existent cop jargon, and a random love affair with colin farrel (sp?) and some asian chick who happens to be involved with a columbian drug lord who she hangs out with but is not involved with somehow, I mean good god, not only was it the most terribly written storyline, but the acting destroyed it. Jamie Foxx (sp? again) acted more like he was in a romance novel than an action movie, and colin farrel seemed like he didn't know where he was the entire (yet again, i only saw a bit of the movie before rolling out, disgusted and wanting my money back), movie, just completely awful.

Blah, ranting, but omg i urge all of you to keep your money in your wallets and stay away from the commercial's taunts to actually watch this movie..

Frustrated Mad Scientist

First the movie. It was far from good, but at no time did I actively contemplate biting my tongue off and using suicide as an escape. It was a free, and almost worth the price. If you think back, most movies have a few memorable scenes, humorous, effects-ridden or just interesting. Miami Vice did not. In fact, it was focused grouped to death, non-offensive in any way, but also studiously avoided doing anything interesting.

To use the Disco Steve method of rating movies, a scale from 1 to infinity of how many miles he would walk to avoid the movie, I would give this an 8. It was a B grade drug movie with only the most tenuous ties to the original TV show. Colin Farrell was about as suave and cool as the guy running around a NASCAR infield, drunk out of his mind, rebel flag in hand, skid-marked underwear showing.

The movie did have one thing that was extremely interesting though, the next campaign from the DRM infection folk.