Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help with ad.firstadsolution

Got it!

I upgraded my Netscape and the new version allows individual site blocking better then I.E ever did. Good pop-up blocker built in to.. Didn't stop my problem but it does work good.

Yeah, I.E.'s a nightmare running the default config. Sounds like you're still infected though. Did you try an online scan? They're great for finding stuff, but don't really remove much. But you'll know where you stand.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

Scans done

Yup. I ran about 20 scans in total. Online, Adware, Spyware you name the ware I was there. None found it. Looks to be a fairly new one. None of the big names found it. All were updated. That's what was so frustrating... Everyone said "download this and or that" and none worked. Everyone just seemed to put out there favorite antiware programs that they assUmed it would get resolved. I looked at LOTS and LOTS of blogs, boards ect on this. Some people even claimed they got there's fixed. I don't know if it was just my O/S or what... So the problem still exists..but it don't bug me no more. and hey I cleaned probably over 500 files thru all the antiware programs.

Hi

I don't think you provided us a complete HJT log, in order to completely rid this pest from your PC, may require "Manually editing your registry".

Are you able to provide a full HJT log, a full log may look like this: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=4844 and it may show where it is your still infected.

But hey, if your happy with what you have, then Bob's your Uncle...
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

...I ran about 20 scans in total. Online, Adware, Spyware you name the ware I was there. None found it. Looks to be a fairly new one. None of the big names found it. All were updated. That's what was so frustrating... Everyone said "download this and or that" and none worked.
    Don't give up on the scans. Sooner or later, maybe even a month from now, something will show up. Did you try Panda's online scan.

...and hey I cleaned probably over 500 files thru all the antiware programs.
    Face it, you were badly infected. And note dalek's point about the HJT log (I think I made a similar point in an earlier post). Cleaning up an infected PC is exacting work though it seems otherwise.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers