Headset is dissapointing me
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headset is dissapointing me

Headset is dissapointing me

Hello all!, I have a logitech "internet chat headset". It was working fine today until suddenly someone told me that they couldn't hear me speak. Then i asked others and they didn't even know i was talking to them. So my problem is that although i can hear through the headset, other's cant hear me. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have a feeling its some really stupid mistake i made or something.

Oh btw, its a realatively new headset- i got it a few months ago cause my old one wasn't working >_<. Yes i checked my volume and mic mute settings...they are all in their correct positions

Hmmm,

The simplest mistake is to plug things into the wrong jack sockets on your MoBo/soundcard. You should have sound out, sound in and microphone in a simple setup. You obviously have sound out right................swap the other connector and see if that helps?

Next, look at your sound and multimedia settings in "Control Panel" and make sure that you have the correct software selected for sound recording.

Look in the "hardware" section and see if you have anything flagged as a problem device.

It was working fine today until suddenly someone told me that they couldn't hear me speak.
    Well I would be checking the audio properties for the microphone first.. some other application may have muted the Mic....seeing as it WAS working then suddenly not.... but as nihil sujested.. my thought here could the plug have been not fully inserted? and may just need re-inserting...

or the mic has failed.. geeez I've had some dodgy mic's in my time.. some ****expensive ones at that..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Undies~ has a good point............ are you sure that anyone ever heard you? like it worked properly once?

The audio jack plug connectors are pretty tempramental, just like USB. Variations in manufacturing tolerances can cause problems............I have had speaker connections where you had to wiggle the plug to get them to work..............too far in or too far out and you got nada. A bit like you find with some door keys?

If you know of someone with a similar setup get them to try your hardware on their system.

Well, all the plugs look correct...The big issue is that when i try to speak, others can hear sounds from the game [counterstrike >_<] and even the sounds of their own voices, but not me....as though im not saying anything or im just playing around with them. I just tried reinstalling my drivers and no luck still. there doesn't seem to be any failing hardware or anything in mute...The mic worked once before for a while, and then didn't

Some sound cards, when you install their drivers have their own equalizer, have you checked those settings AND the windows settings in the control panel to make sure nothing is muted? Also, does counterstrike have any settings for it?

If those fail, maybe you should get a known-working headset and try it on your computer maybe it could be your sound card.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

AOs Resident Troll
    a good thing also is
    Logitech has excellent warranty....

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

I don't think it's the headset you are using. What program are you using to chat? If it's Ventrillo or TeamSpeak, I believe there are settings where you can change your input to that of your own sound. It makes it easier to let others hear songs... unfortunately.

Check your settings of the program you are using. Sometimes things are changed because they highlight a drop-down menu and then you hit your mousewheel without realizing it.
    I'm 128 bits of awesome packed into a 64 bit address space.

Ah!

I did not realise that this was in a game................does it allow you to speak/record otherwise? If it does then it is something to do with the game settings/connection.

If not, then it is probably the equipment...........try logitech technical support. I have used their kit for years and would consider them both reputable and reliable.

well i use ventrilo, but no one can hear me in game as well and i tried using the sound recorder on windows and replayed what i said and nothing came up. nothing is muted as well thanks for the help guys but i don't you can help me....