Thread: RIAA Related -- Don't want to Spoil it.

RIAA Related -- Don't want to Spoil it.

Hey Hey,

You aren't going to believe this -- http://recordingindustryvspeople.blo...efendants.html

In Michigan, in Warner Bros. v. Scantlebury, after learning that the defendant had passed away, the RIAA made a motion to stay the case for 60 days in order to allow the family time to "grieve", after which time they want to start taking depositions of the late Mr. Scantlebury's children:
    Peace,
    HT

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    60 days

god loves a tryer

everyone else will HATE em
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Yet another entertainment company/personality I will boycott. Pretty soon I won't bother with anything from Hollywood.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Pathetic, whichever lawyer on their side who actually agreed to those terms and went forth with them needs to be shot/stabbed/hung all at the same time of being castrated..
    Space For Rent.. =]

Horray for Bollywood..

me thinks its time to support the true king of the movie industry..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Originally posted here by Und3ertak3r
    Horray for Bollywood..

me thinks its time to support the true king of the movie industry..
    lol...oh if only Peter Sellers was still around eh!...these guy's for RIAA and MPA are bottom feeders, but unfortunately they are taking direction from the suits (bureaucrats), the head honchos, those are the one's pulling the lawyer's strings...Ivory Towers....
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

its just a huge cycle of vicious business, capitalism at its best.

I reference an older story in way of reply -

Source: http://www.boingboing.net/2005/02/04...p2p_case_.html

RIAA drops P2P case against dead non-computer user

The Recording Industry Association of America is getting soft. RIAA spokesman Jonathan Lamy announced that they will drop their lawsuit against a woman who died last month at the age of 83 and didn't own a computer.

A group of record companies named Walton as the sole defendant in a federal lawsuit, claiming she made more than 700 songs available for free on the Internet.
    Walton's daughter, Robin Chianumba, lived with her mother for the last 17 years and said her mother objected to having a computer in the house.

"My mother wouldn't know how to turn on a computer," Chianumba said.

Pierce me with steel, rend me with claw and fang; as I die, a legend is born for another generation to follow.
    An\' it harm none, do as ye will. - Wiccan Rede