Antipoints to the poster
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Antipoints to the poster

Antipoints to the poster

hi,

I would like a feature to be added to this valuable forum.

Whenever a person starts a thread, if some one assigns antipoints to the thread the thread starter must also get the points.

thnx
    CodeNameVirus

Thread points are there mostly to keep a thread alive or kill it, if someone wants to add AP's to a user he can do that. I Don't see a purpose for this idea at all....and plus the starter would be ******d if we decide to suicide a thread if all the APs go to him/her too...
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

Hi codenamevirus I can see what you are trying to say, but I must agree 200% with 妯py展ght in his reply.

1. Thread antipoints are for good/bad threads. I would say that they are heavily weighted in the negative?

2. Poster antipoints relate to the individual making the individual post.

So, if a Troll makes an inappropriate thread, they can expect to get negative points for their first post. If the thread is rubbish, then it will also get negged, thus closing it more quickly.

On the other hand, a member may post a perfectly reasonable thread that you would rate as "even" and a Troll jumps in and posts some rubbish. The Troll deserves to be negged, but the original poster does not deserve any particular credit as a result. By giving positive points to the thread, the Troll can be chastised without closing the originally valid thread.

There is also the concept of "double jepoardy"...... you can neg or pos a person once .......... if you added thread points you would hit them twice?

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    This is kinda off topic but I was just wondering, Do any of you know how long the waiting period is to when you can give someone AP's again? allow me to explain: example, I give Nihil Greenies for a good reply to something I posted, if I try again it says something to the effect of You must Spread Your AP's Around Before Giving Them to Nihil Again. So, how long do I have to wait before I can green Nihil again?
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    hi The Texan,

You have to wait until your board clears the name in your anti-point index of assigned points...you can only dish out to the same person after you've given to ten others and the name is no longer listed.

Eg

T3h Ch3F

Ha

What are AP's? and how do I get a ton of them................

Thanks for your help.

Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    Well now I know thanx Eg.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Dead Man Walking
    I do believe its 10 assingments in between.

ok, I understand and now I also agree to nihil and copyright. concepts like suicidal thread and hittin the poster more that twice, is the matter of concern.

thnx for the clarification!!
    CodeNameVirus

its cool, and if you need another avatar of two sweaty shirtless dudes hugging we can help with that as well..