Thread: Mr.Edward Wong wants me to cash some checks..

Banned

Talking Mr.Edward Wong wants me to cash some checks..

Howdy..

Well this just arrived in my gmail account, and it appears that a Mr Wong would like for me to cash some checks for him, i deposit into my bank account, take out my percentage, then send the rest direct to him..

I read a similar story ages ago where a lady got caught up in this type of scam, and nearly got prison time for fraud.

But they let her go as she was a genuine victim thinking it was an legit online company, and the FBI was able to track the Big Fish and lay charges as he was in U.S.A lol..

anyhow enjoy.!

cheers
    acidtone..

X-Gmail-Received: de4c0a733a7d3fa4bfa1dc424998b17042a9c401
    Delivered-To: @c!dtone@gmail.com
    Received: by 10.35.119.10 with SMTP id w10cs269829pym;
    Mon, 7 Aug 2006 15:09:44 -0700 (PDT)
    Received: by 10.49.92.18 with SMTP id u18mr19302nfl;
    Mon, 07 Aug 2006 15:09:44 -0700 (PDT)
    Return-Path: <web159@www5.ready2host.de>
    Received: from www5.ready2host.de (www5.ready2host.de [85.10.198.229])
    by mx.gmail.com with ESMTP id x1si6481257nfb.2006.08.07.15.09.44;
    Mon, 07 Aug 2006 15:09:44 -0700 (PDT)
    Received-SPF: pass (gmail.com: best guess record for domain of web159@www5.ready2host.de designates 85.10.198.229 as permitted sender)
    Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 15:09:44 -0700 (PDT)
    Message-Id: <44d7ba28.239dbded.1782.ffffc662SMTPIN_ADDED@mx.gmail.com>
    Received: by www5.ready2host.de (Postfix, from userid 30)
    id B00A1B4636; Tue, 8 Aug 2006 00:05:38 +0200 (CEST)
    To: @c!dtone@gmail.com.
    Subject: REPRESENTATIVES NEEDED.

Reply-To: edwardwonggroup@o2.pl

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: text/plain

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Message-Id: <20060807220538.B00A1B4636@www5.ready2host.de>
    Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 00:05:38 +0200 (CEST)
    From the desk of:
    Mr.Edward Wong
    Director,
    EDWARD WONG GROUP

07 August 2006.

Dear Friend,

I am writing to you following a vacancy in my firm that will be of immense benefit you.

EDWARD WONG GROUP a textile and fabrics firm i inherited from my late Dad in the Hong Kong has undergone some expansion and we need someone to work for the company as a representative/book keeper in the United states and the United Kingdom.

My firm EDWARD WONG GROUP needs a book-keeper in the state,so i want to know if you will like to work online from home and get paid weekly without leaving or affecting ur present job? Would u like to work online from home and get paid weekly ?

My company produces various clothing materials, batiks, assorted fabrics and traditional costume which we have clients we supply weekly in the states.We also manufacture and distribute oriental fabrics like Japanese kimono.

My clients make payments for our supplies every week in form of Money Orders, cashiers cheque, etc which are not readily cashable outside the United States, So we need someone in the States to work as our representative and assist us in processing the payments from our clients and i will pay him weekly salary.

Our payments will be issued out in your name or your companys name and you get them cashed in your bank, deduct your weekly salary and foward the balance to the company.

SO ALL I NEED IS TO FOWARDYOUR INFORMATIONS TO OUR CLIENTS IN THE STATES AND THEY ISSUE PAYMENTS IN FORM OF MONEY ORDERS CASHIERS CHEQUES, ETC, THEN SEND IT TO YOU VIA MAIL OR COURIER.

I will need ur Full name, Residential Address or Work Address and Phone Number and present occupation so we can foward it to our clients and they will start making payments to you as the company representative in the United states and the United Kingdom.

I WILL EMAIL YOU A LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT FROM OUR COMPANY WHICH YOU HAVE TO REPLY WITH AN ACCEPTANCE LETTER AND A SCANNED COPY OF YOUR IDENTIFICATION ATTACHED TO IT.

AS SOON AS WE CONFIRM ANY PAYMENT COMING TO YOU I WILL LET YOU KNOW AND I WILL GIVE YOU THE INFORMATION TO SEND FUNDS TO THE COMPANY.

I AWAIT YOUR URGENT RESPONSE.

Warmest Regards,

Mr.Edward Wong,

Director,

EDWARD WONG GROUP.

Wotcher mate!

Tell him that due to recent commitments in a real estate deal, you are not capable of handling more than $200,000 per month.................as this would obviously be below his requirements, you feel that you must, in all honesty, decline his offer. He should feel free to contact you at a later date.

I do like to go with a 10/0 shark hook

AOs Resident Troll
    Thats just wong...........

Sorry ...couldnt help myself

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Just Another Geek
    I wonder what the Japanese equivalent is of the Nigererian penal code; section 4-1-9
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Good post Acidtone

"Today - Tonight"(australian current affairs show) showed the story today with 4 woman who have been scammed by this method up to the point of them getting the several thousand the story talks about and then they get phone calls from Australian Govt securities and the bank warning them to stop transactions and return all the money to the bank.
    Some have been warned they may be charged over it after investigations to how much money they transfered.
    ITS MONEY LAUNDERING.

The show has over a million viewers so maybe they got the message out to a good deal of people today.

(Cheers out to all the originals of the board - I've been watching and still learning)

Info_Au
    Now happily married

T3h Ch3F

!!!

Originally posted here by SirDice
    I wonder what the Japanese equivalent is of the Nigererian penal code; section 4-1-9

Tried calling the bank in Hong Kong but I wang teh Wong numba.

Get some good religion from Bad Religion.