Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KeyLogger Trace HELP!!

Hi,

Unfortunately, you may have destroyed some evidence by doing that

Try running A-Squared, as it is pretty good at finding keyloggers. Also look in your data files for .doc, .txt and .dat files for a start.............. might as well add .log files as well?

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

EDIT: Do NOT let it automatically delete.............just report

to look in my data files, do i just run a search for .dat, .log, .doc documents??

could it have something to do with cookies?

i used asqared and ran a deep scan. it found Trace.Tracking Cookie 44 and Heuristic.Archive Bomb. Im assuming the cookies to be harmless? and the archive bomb thing is related to a symantec security software program i have. so does this mean that i do not have any type of Klogger on my comp? thanks alot for your time.

I would still like to know what caused you to think you still had a keylogger on the system.

Hey sherlock please be very careful!!!!!

An archive bomb is a highly compressed file that expands into a VERY LARGE file. When anti-malware devices are doing heuristic scanning within archives, this can take a very long time and even cause a DoS.

If one is reported, I would expect that it has not been unpacked and scanned.

Also, please remember that malware will frequently masquerade as something else, so how are you sure that this is a genuine Symantec item?.............. is it in the right folder for example?