Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Windows 2003 Group Policy Issue

I know you had tried, I just wasnt sure if you tried as the Enterprise Admin as opposed to just a Domain Admin. As far as rejoining to the domain are the users trying it themselves or are you trying it with a Domain Admin account?

I found this article in regards to your most current error:
    http://www.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/...5-08/0134.html
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

The users should be assigned the Log On Locally user right in
    Domain Controller Security Policy!

However, the default security settings
    do not allow regular users to log on interactively at a server. You can
    change this setting through Start ,Administrative Tools , Domain Controller
    Security Policy. Expand Local Policies, then User Rights Assignment. Doubleclick
    Allow Log On Locally and click the Add User Or Group button. In the Add
    User Or Group dialog box, type in Everyone and click the OK button. In the
    Security Policy Setting dialog box, click the OK button.

Hope this help..
    The Power Of Your Imagination:

Did someone said Pizza :) FanacooL's Avatar
    cdre

If you would have read all of my posts the issue is related with Policies and thats the thing i am unable to access and gets that error message i have posted in my first post. Sometimes i do get into the option where i can change the policies but when i try to save them i get another message "An extended Error has occured failed to save domain\sysvol\domain\policies\{6AC17........}\machine\Microsoft\WindowsNT\SecEdit\GPtTmpl.inf.

Spyrus

I am trying to join them back on domain from Domain admin as well as Enterprise Admin account and gets the same error message. (Refer to my first Post)

I am looking at your link, although i have found the exact document relating to my issue its 14 pages long with lots of steps I will work over it and will post the results to you.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/887303/en-us
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!

I have noticed one more thing when i run nslookup i get ns1.myisp.domain and its IP address, shouldn't it be my server machine name and its IP.
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!

If it is configured as your name server then yes it should be... but if none of your PC's can join it and you are having multiple issues (which you are) then it might not be working properly

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/237675/
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

AOs Resident Troll
    Did I not hear DNS earlier in this thread......

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Morganlefay

I did heard for DNS too, but anyways just came across the thing that DNS settings are ok SYSVOL folder seems to be the issue here and i am working on it, hopfully this is the cause of all the mess-up i have. I will update in a while after working on it.

Dear All,

Thank fully Issued got resolved, how do i proceed with it. I checked all the settings of SYSVOL folder and followed steps mentioned in Microsoft Article 290647, 315457 result nothing happen. So the last option for me was to get rid of this AD, I went for it and what happen was still the issue was there i got the same message when i try to access the machine. Initially i got di-hearted that i have to go for complete installation but I came across the thing that it has to be something in Local security Policy and so i try to find our things in it, upon exploring it and getting help from Microsoft website i came across the option "allow this computer to access across network option containg no profile in it" i mean none of the account was existing in that option.......:-( Similarly one more setting from security policy and things back to normal.

Although it took me a hell lot of time to re-create user accounts, but overall i have learnt lots of new things from this experience. I thankyou all for your support. God Bless you.