these animals will never stop...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: these animals will never stop...

these animals will never stop...

once again the muslim terrorist are trying to kill us... I f###ing cried this morning in front of my TV from sheer helplessness

hopefully our friend nihil is ok since they caught all these bastards...

since 9/11 (i was there) i feel like what's the point of actualy comitting myself to anyting; be it a woman or computer security or job. i don't know anymore

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    And if you give up now, then you are letting terrorism control your life. It is a matter of FUDing. Rather than looking at the negative let's look at the positive: they were caught before it happened. This means the "IDS" systems are working and we're not "reacting" to an event but rather preventing it. Isn't that something to be happy about and reason to look to committing to someone; something?

Additionally, you may be suffering from the effects of 9/11 still and it may be worthwhile to find someone to discuss it with, whether a professional, a member of the clergy (if you are religious) or a good friend. What you describe, very briefly, sounds a bit like depression.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

maybe you are right ms mittens. am all about jokes and **** but lately i'm just paranoid. i'm not talking about conspiracy or anthing like that. it's just subtle things like not gettin along w/ my friends or not beliveing other ppl.
    /dev/humor: not found

Hey, very_unhappy , chill out my friend.

I am absolutely fine thanks, and would not consider myself to be in any danger, even when I visit larger cities in the region.

I take the view that there are some 6.5 billion people on the planet, and only a very few of them are terrorists. There are a lot more involved in equally unsavoury criminal activities like drug trafficking, ethnic cleansing, genocide and so on.

Sure, they caught 21 of these guys, which must represent most of three cells, and I am sure that they don't have that many . Interestingly, this was part of an intelligence operation that has been going on for months and is still ongoing. We are starting to learn from our mistakes, or to be fair, "complacency".

In a way it was a good thing, in that it will certainly further alienate extremists from their own communities. That will make them easier to detect.

Just look at the statistics for Western Europe and North America..........................how many people have been killed by terrorists in the past ten years? ................. far fewer than die from stupid domestic accidents in a single year.............or allergic reactions............or drug overdoses.......... or even commit suicide. Hey, 1,500 people a year die from being bitten by the Brasilian Wandering Spider!................ although I haven't heard of any instances around here recently

What I am saying is that you really need to put it all into perspective? I certainly do not see it as a reason not to take a proactive view towards life, relationships and career. I can see a certain frustration in not being able to put a stop to it once and for all, but the same is true of any crime...........as long as you have criminals, it will be there.

Anyway, these guys got caught before they had a chance to do anything, which should be a cause for celebration?

After 9/11, I stayed in bed for about 6 months straight, except for work. I'd get up, go to work, go home and right back to bed. I hardly even ate most of the time. Eventually, I got back to living again, but it took me a while. Hang in there. I wish I could say that eventually this will go away, but terrorism is probably part of the new way the world works. We just have to adjust to it and recognize that like any other violent crime, we can minimize it to the best of our ability and find ways to go on in spite of it, and realize that only a very small percentage of people are actually killed by terrorists. (Yes, I realize that even one is too many, but you can say the same thing for murder and rape and all the other horrible things that humans have had to live with over the centuries.)

On the bright side, 1000 years ago people wouldn't even have gotten that upset over something like this. The reason we get so upset over violence and terrorism is because we live in a society that values human life more than any other society in history.
    Information wants to be a fireman when it grows up.

thank you for your reply real. all i' saying is that i cannnot get it out of my head. i know if i go there i can get along w/ this ppl but at the same time i am scared of them because they seem to want to kill me.

BTW

i love your avatar. look at my links to you where that cat somes from

http://www.virtual-knutsford.co.uk/f...eshirecat1.htm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tees/features/t...es_croft.shtml
    /dev/humor: not found

Hey, very_unhappy

i know if i go there i can get along w/ this ppl but at the same time i am scared of them because they seem to want to kill me.
    You flatter yourself my friend. This is all about fanaticism and a desire for spectacular publicity. They couldn't give a rodent's rectum about the likes of you and me, we are just not important. The only way we would be in danger would be if we just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It is just the same principle as getting killed by a motor vehicle, except the chances are infinitely smaller?

Re: these animals will never stop...

Originally posted here by very_unhappy
    once again the muslim terrorist are trying to kill us... I f###ing cried this morning in front of my TV from sheer helplessness

hopefully our friend nihil is ok since they caught all these bastards...

since 9/11 (i was there) i feel like what's the point of actualy comitting myself to anyting; be it a woman or computer security or job. i don't know anymore
    dude/dudette, chill. the most deaths from a terrorist attack in this nation were in the thousands, and only (horrifically, but still only) a few thousand. These terrorists were planning on blowing up a plane with probably a hundred or so people on it, in the middle of the ocean.

You are the reason terrorists win dude. You let them incite terror. When really they are more helpless than the common person, and just as scared.

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    Terrorist: a radical who employs terror as a political weapon; usually organizes with other terrorists in small cells; often uses religion as a cover for terrorist activities.

What is the root of the word? Terror! a Terrorist is nobody if you dont let them get you worked up. I am in no way condoning what they do or saying we should let our guard down but if we freak out about every single that happens all its gonna do is paralyze everything we live for and give them just exactly what they want. Dont let that happen.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Did I hear the word Spider? Nihil?

In any event, my praises go out to the U.K government aswell as the U.S government for helping to prevent what could have been the second 9/11 if not worse..
    Space For Rent.. =]