Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Member Activation

Hey Hey,

To give you a time frame, I created the account as I posted last night and I just checked my mail now and the account was Authorized at 9:20am.

Peace,
    HT

HT~ , that is exactly what I have observed. I suggested within 24 hours as normal, with maybe a bit longer at weekends on public vacations?

I honestly do not think that we have a problem here?. Hey, I don't know about where you are, but there are a lot of things you have to wait for?

Automobile purchase, driver's licence, gun licence, passport................. ANY club membership worth having, and so on.................

I do not believe that we actually introduced the restriction with a specific member in mind..........it is a general anti-troll precaution. OK one or two might have precipitated the decision, but I still believe that if someone cannot wait 24 hours or less, they probably don't have anything that important to say?

I firmly believe that a true enthusiast or professional will have the patience?

Thanks nihil...very good response.

It was not an assumption...or a wild assumption...on my part Neg...as I stated in my first post I was asking on behalf of someone else who posed the question...who wanted to know how long it takes to get approved and whether or not the issues with Spec and others has made the approval process longer.

Eg

Originally posted here by Egaladeist
    Thanks nihil...very good response.

It was not an assumption...or a wild assumption...on my part Neg...as I stated in my first post I was asking on behalf of someone else who posed the question...who wanted to know how long it takes to get approved and whether or not the issues with Spec and others has made the approval process longer.

Eg
    If it was on someone's behalf wouldn't the appropriate thing to do be to message and Admin/Mod on their behalf, giv e the username they have and inquire as to why it's taking so long...

Hi HT,

It would be the appropriate thing for whom? If that was what the person wanted that's what I would have done.

I assume these are not trade secrets or taboo subjects...it was a simple question that needed a simple answer.

Eg