Windows registry is made of ....

Thread: Windows registry is made of ....

Windows registry is made of ....

I know that in a security forum as advanced as this, it might be too lame to tell you all this, but i myself found out out what files complete the registry.

I wrote down the whole thing at my website. I am just giving the link to the site:

http://digisec.50webs.com/Articles/regtips2.html

Also I found the same and more detailed thing in the registry at :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\hivelist

It listed down which files make registry and which part they respectively stand for.

I hope that you people will provide me with the feedback ... with all your expertise about registry ... and help me learn more than I know already!

Thank you all!
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

- Albert Einstein

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    clicky

looks like someone beat you to the publisher
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

And the rest?

besides if you wanted to truly look for discussion why not post the information here and we can really get down and comment..

Your information is very superficial, it is definatly incomplete.. Your implication was a listing of Files that make up the registry...

Your idea with the virus and using backups of ntuser.dat is not very sound.. As very few virus use this enviroment..esp root kits..it land more as a old wives tale than a decent hint..

Oh and get ya bloody reg key correct as well:
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\hivelist
    there is the start of my feedback

/why the hell is that line being split?
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

well I know that my info is incomplete but That what I wanted you ll to point ou tmy friends, where after all is it incomplete? thanks to undertaker ( wqell I cant type down the fishy modifications you make in your names guys) for correction in the path to the registry key...I was typing it down at night without looking at registry while typing it down....all from my memory...perhaps my brins' native file system was corrupt...I will try to repair it!

@Foxyoxeley : well I ain't an author by any means. SO why compare me with some author. thanks for the book name...I will try to get it if someday I get enought money to buy that book ( after wasting it over other things).

Anwyay thanks you both and what would like from your side is some additional info on registry particulrly from the side of undertaker so that I might know that afterall what are the TOPICS to be covered for a COMPLETE explanation of registry. Also...I hope that you guys will help me get my REST OF THE CONCEPTS about registry in place and provide me with some nice explanation of various aspects of registry.... as you did in case of DMZ.

Thanks a lot in advance.

- Albert Einstein

HI FRIENDS I HAVE LOTS OF INTREST OVER REGISTRY EDITING I LIKE TO KNOW ANY BOOK WITH THE UPDATION FOR WIND XP SERV PACK 2 yaa friend im searching for registry editing books if u can sugest any book kindly mail me thanks in advance.....
    yours

Go to google and serach for sites rather than books...they will take you to a OCEAN of registry..

- Albert Einstein