Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is ANKIT FADIA?

Who is ANKIT FADIA?

I don't know where to post this question but this is the most suitable place I found to ask the question...so I am asking it here. Some admin might put it in some more meaningful place!

After going through some of the pages some days back, I had come to know about a champ from my very own country namely ANKIT FADIA who wrote six bestselling books on hacking ( correct me if I am wrong). I found it interesting, sat down to take some time to google about him and after sometime the forum discussions in various board started speaking about wherether he is a CHEAT or if he is really a HACKER? Meanwhile I opened his profile and saw that he has worked with some top notch companies like Symantec, Ms,...etc. So I dont think that he is a FAKE HACKER.

Also after reading some of the pages of his book NETWORK SECURITY : A HACKER'S PERSPECTIVE, I THINK his book is quite good to start off with. I like the language and the tips he has given in so easy languagae.

Since you people are senior than me, knowinf much more than what I know about the online world, can you people explain who and what exactly is this chap???
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

- Albert Einstein

Re: Who is ANKIT FADIA?

hi

Ankit Fadia came into news 2-3 yrs back, when he claimed to be have been contacted by a security agency in UK/US about decoding a message in an image.

Due to that fame or his own links, he's now doing BS in Stanford University.

After going through some of the pages some days back, I had come to know about a champ from my very own country namely ANKIT FADIA who wrote six bestselling books on hacking ( correct me if I am wrong).
    Yes, he's a bit more famous than a normal kid of his age. He has written 6 books(i dun think they are best selling, though). He has a certified course of his with an agreement with reliance group, more known as ANKIT FADIA CERTIFIED HACKER(google it and u'll get to know everything about it!)

I found it interesting, sat down to take some time to google about him and after sometime the forum discussions in various board started speaking about wherether he is a CHEAT or if he is really a HACKER? Meanwhile I opened his profile and saw that he has worked with some top notch companies like Symantec, Ms,...etc. So I dont think that he is a FAKE HACKER.
    Cant say that he's a cheat, he do have some great skills of a hacker with him, he has a good nature n behaviour but but but......he lives in more hype. He has a dedicated yahoo group for him(u can easily find it at yahoo groups).

I cant certify the fact that he has worked with the tech giants such as symantec n MS(MS especially!).

So, in that case, u can say he lives in some hype and some lies too.

He charges Rs. 15000 and the complete travel fair, if u want him to deliver a lecture in ur university. just contact him by his mail(I'll PM it 2 u!)

That's all, what I have to say abt him!!

Also after reading some of the pages of his book NETWORK SECURITY : A HACKER'S PERSPECTIVE, I THINK his book is quite good to start off with. I like the language and the tips he has given in so easy languagae.

Since you people are senior than me, knowinf much more than what I know about the online world, can you people explain who and what exactly is this chap??? [/B][/QUOTE]
    CodeNameVirus

well thanks about that. I came to know some of your points in the web only!! I wanted to know wherther he is a real hacker or not. Some people on another forum say that he is a person who copies everything from net and creates his books!!

- Albert Einstein

Originally posted here by jockey0109
    well thanks about that. I came to know some of your points in the web only!! I wanted to know wherther he is a real hacker or not. Some people on another forum say that he is a person who copies everything from net and creates his books!!
    I dont think that he's really a hardcore hacker, who can move into any place on the net.
    But he's certainly better than many newbies.

As for the books, any books of that kind would have the same material he has written. So, there could be a possibility that he has copied things from net. But, if u have those books with u, check out for the bibliography section, it has the names of sources which were used to make the book.

If it's there, fine. if not, he truly is a crook then....lol
    CodeNameVirus

well the sources are written in the codes....I bought one of his books yesterday ...and in that the sources. Well I too think that he is not a hardcore hacker....Now let me tell you the real thing about this post:

I was told on a forum that He is a lameer...he doenst know anything about hacking..copies things form the net and so on.... I told the guys at the forum that its not so...He is a HACKER indeed...so they told me that can you give me the proof...I asked them that What if I tell you people asking people from antionline...one of the most prestigious site on security on the net?? They agreed and have declined now!!

Infact I have already read all his 6 books, joined the course at reliance webworld (batch - 1) , taken the exam and stood 1 of the 5 toppers ( i wont disclose my name or rank though) in the copuntry in the exam he conducted....I am a fan of this GUY . This post I made in such a manner just bvecause I wanted to show those guys what ANKIT is genuinely! They now say that they agree with me.

Now as far as him being hardcore hacker is concerned, I think that he is knowledgeable and can hack into most oof the systems but he is busy with all sort of regular things a normal person does....so he wont be doing the practise of hacking every now and then...but must be using the knowledge as and when required. I met him...he is nice to talk and behave.

Thanks guys ..... you helped me shut their mouths!

- Albert Einstein

By the way I wanted to ask you about who is KEVIN MITNICK ??? I think I have heard of this name somewhere else too..he is also related to the computer security field ...I think so!

- Albert Einstein

Antionline Herpetologist
    The first two books at least were completely plagarised. He didn't even bother plagarising the best tutorials on the net. I think that should tell you how "good" a "hacker" he is.

Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

Greeting's

Well I not sure how many have tried to find out precise information on Ankit Fadia. But most of it posted here is not entirely true.

He came into light after 9/11 because of his help to a TOP SECRET agency in US to track down Al-Qaida suspects who were using STEGANOGRAPHY to send and receive information. He was at that point of time in 12th std. in a public school in Delhi. After that he has been invited to give lecture's in Stanford University.

I don't know how many of you know the following truths :

1. In all his books he has just COPY and PASTED someone else's whitepaper or article from the net. In his very first book (an unofficial guide to ethical hacking) he even copy pasted the spelling mistakes

2. One of his most recent books on hacking cellphones in one of the most worthless book you can purchase, in which he still has continued taking article from the net.

3. While in mumbai, IIT students knew more then him

4. Currently he has tied up with Relince (anil ambani group) or relience web worlds to hold HACKING CLASSES WHERE STUDENTS WILL GET A CERTIFICATE PERSONALLY FROM HIM. THIS CERTIFICATE IS NEITHER RECOGNIZED BY AND INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY OR THE GOVERNMENT.

5. After 2 years from 9-11 he is considered a fake.

6. HE WAS DENIED ENTRY INTO DEFCON (when he tried to get attention just because of his name) but this I have not conformed.

If you want more information let me know. But to be true to you he's not worth talking.

Have a nice day
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Greeting's

cgkanchi you are abolutely correct. But even his most recent books continue to be on the same track as the 1st one.

Nice one.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Believe in yourself.

Greeting's

This book only sold because people never care to use GOOGLE (www.google.com). Tell me one link in the book which is his own. Moreover he has given no information on so many codes that are printed in the book. Who wrote the code and how come there is not link to the code itself. Who would print 15 (or 10) pages of Nimda code... (yes, the book has entire Nimda or code-red virus's code printed. Isnt that a signature ofa true hacker)
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Believe in yourself.