Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is ANKIT FADIA?

well oroin, I am also 18 years old only..and I dont want to learn just programming...I want to see it perform beofre me...and I am interested in socket programming more than other things...as far as his books and his identity is concerned, I saw everyone has his own opinion (as it should be ) and I wont say anything over that... thanks for those good words about linux and programmings specially for that site ... but then my linux doesnt connect to net.. i will have to search many things up before I could make my linux connect to the net.

HUH!! So thats it... I come to a final conclusion and desicion. and I am gonna do it hard way!!! Thats my fate...nothing is easy!!

thanks guys ( again .... eh??)
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

- Albert Einstein

Greeting's

Well I don't think PROGRAMMING is the only Job in India Computer industry. Even Infosys needs network Eng. and network security personnel.

There is career guidance.. Go for it. Banglore is the best place for studies esp. in Technology.. don't worry.. I asked a very good friend of mine and he said that after your degree get into IIM or XLJRI or BAJAJ for your MBA in IT... If you can do MBA from one of these institutes with your degree from a good college you will be MINTING money...

I'll get more information... Withing a day.

EDIT :

Oh yes, one very important thing. Why limit your JOB to INDIA ??
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

I live in INDIA...not that I am limited to job in India...and thats a long way ... to get a job... I have just got admission in BE. I live in bangalore itself ( for now ) but the thing is tht they need just people who are good at thinking in the pattern colleges teach them ... and I dont think that way... I use my own brain and think quite differently even though both ways solve the same problem ( i am not boasting how intelligent I am ....honestly.) so I am not sure where I will land after these 4 years...

I also know that management is the best option after IT...and a sequence produces HUGE opportunities but then I am not so old ...

Anyway I wasnt talking opportunities but about the MINDSET of people....however I dont think that security has as much of opportunity as opther fields in india.

- Albert Einstein

Greeting's

ICICI, SBI two of the largest banks in India have finally started investing a large amount of money into online banking. They want their customers to shift to online banking and hence they offer reward points just if you log-in to your account online every 2 months and an assured gift if you just do one transaction online in 2 months. So there you go in the future they will need Security Eng..

Moreover, did you know TATA runs a security firm that provides security for computer at both asset level and computer security itself ??

I'm not at all asking you to go into computer security... If you like programming please feel free to go into programming if you like networking again feel free to go into it... It depends on you and you liking and not what the industry needs... What industry need its just an added bonus which is like a double edge sword.. So if you like programming and you take up networking because of industry requirement then in the end you will end up loosing, just because you prefer programming.. To sum up no matter what you like in the end there will be a place for you in the industry if you are worth it.

And... Hows the climate in the PINK CITY ?
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

you could always try using kppp or any toher package, i dont have a network card in my linux box so no further comments on that,Where theres a package for linux there's always a support community for that.I Hate microsoft because i bought a pro-xp and it didnt install and when i contacted microsoft hen just put their foot down and told me to contact the retailer, when i went there he took it inside and then came out claiming ther were scratches on the disk, well ***** microsofft , i lost 6000 or so bucks and my father didnt speak to me for a couple of weeks, and to think i was considering buying office(thats microsoft's support for guinine customers).
    you look up and a bird shits in the sky ,you fall on your knees and thank god that buffalos dont fly.

I Hate microsoft because i bought a pro-xp and it didnt install and when i contacted microsoft hen just put their foot down and told me to contact the retailer, when i went there he took it inside and then came out claiming ther were scratches on the disk, well ***** microsofft
    If you bought a retail version, or even an OEM (which would be technically illegal in this country, unless it was for a NEW machine) then it is the retailer who is at fault............ THEY sold you faulty products, not Microsoft.

If there were scratches on the disk, then they were there when it was sold to you?............ you were sold a defective product, so deal with the person who sold it to you

ByTe...thanks again...I knew many things you told about this field...but you added more to my pocket!!! Anyway I will ceratinly choose to get into the security area...and I wont like to change my preferences coz other say that..of course they will force me...but I am MY kind of person....and I am certainly not going to change myself fro others coz its me who has to run my whole life..anf I like the bumpy area on my legs, its better I run there instead of SLIPPING on the smooth ones....( i hope you understood what I wanted to convey).

Now as far as the climate is concerned, I have two things to say ( politely )
    1. Bangalore is called as Garden City...its Jaipur which is called the pink city.
    2. The climate is quite good (COOL) and I am feeling a bit of cough!!

- Albert Einstein

ankit is computer geek.. he's extremely taleted person.. all i want to say he is a an excelent ethical hacker...
    belive in u always....

LOL! I haven't been on AO in a while so I was reading new posts to get caught up... read this whole one just to see aryan say Ankit Fadia is a excellent ethical hacker... HA! So now i must speak.

I took a college course in ethical hacking so does that mean that I can get lots of money for making books out of information everyone else has already came up with??? I can do that.

Ethical hacking is learning how hackers hack in order to protect you or *most importantly* your networks machines. Writing books that include java code to cause your browser to pop up a new window every time you move your mouse does not make you a hacker. Nor does... I'm not gonna bother going on... Could take too long.

Jockey: I have been in your same position... Not particularly Indias situation with the software engineering, but with your situation about knowing more about computers and networking. I really didn't know where to start years ago, and I ended up buying whatever books I could at bookstores and when I joined online places and wanted to learn by asking, I got flamed a bit because of stating that I read carolyn meinel books...(Please refrain from the flames... I've already got burns on my arm...Plus I'm past that phase.) This is the same as you and Ankit books. Whatever gets you motivated will work. As long as you dont steal other peoples work and cash out because of it.

Really the best way, even in your situation, is to keep chipping away at it. I have spent a lot of time going to school studying tcp/ip, networking, programming, Cisco, etc. and currently I am about to get my Bachelors in computer science and work on getting my masters, but what does that mean??? It means that I have a piece of paper stating that I know what a network is and how to handle it. Also it means that I get to keep completely up to date on current exploits and trends so that my jobs network will never be harmed. Knowing how hackers work, I feel, is even better than being a hacker. Although there is a fine line between being a hacker and being a network admin...

I guess what i'm saying is that I wanted to do comptuer networking but that completely involves computer security and so if you want to go into security (Which I find really interesting. getting ready to take a class in comptuer forensics, yay!) you will really have to learn the inside and out of networking. This will take a while, and I have been into this stuff for years and feel like I come nowhere near the seniors here on AO. But I guess thats why they are called seniors.
    I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children’s children, because I don’t think children should be having sex. -- Jack Handey

I agree to you mungyun....and hey I dont support ankit blindly...and I dont think that I or others know how much I you or Ankit knows coz knowledge is one's very own property which cant be measured by others at all...so I just said that I respect ankit....coz I have learned sop much from his books...his books told me what are the topics I must search for....thats it...I got my start and I am on the journey...ANyway thanks for your kind suggestion...

And I agree to you on why the seniors are called seniors....I just downloaded the security engineering book and I am going through it....and I think I will read it soon....I am getting guidance on this forum.....and silently..I dont get time to put down my keystrokes here but I go through the RSS feeds....

Anyway bye for now......going to sleep...have not slept from last 40 hours.....felling like I am typing ion dreams.....

~Jockey

- Albert Einstein