Thread: Life

Life

Greeting's

I dont have words to express about the following article.

But it defines life to a higher level, a level much higher then life being just :

happieness, sadness, grief, love, lust, seriousness, care, fun, sleep, work, studies, social events, BEER and many more.. This article add's the most important word to the list. HUMAN "resilience".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/h...hiv/html/1.stm

I wish no one has to go through such tough time.

I think I should have titled the thread POWER OF "HUMAN RESILIENCE"
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

compelling story.. very sad though.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    so, to 'cure' them
    means we bankrupt ourselves ???

african society [SAfrica] still thinks that a cure will come from shagging a virgin
    thereby ensuring death, AND the continuity of a disease that has DROPPED in importance from level 4 to level 2/3

ie, it has gone from instant / 100% death to something that we CAN live with
    we meaning the general populace
    but it has started its steady decline into history

the reason it still makes news is purely through 'user' negligence

within a generation [30 years of case 1 - 1980 - we should see the back of it, much as in smallpox ]

those infected NOW
    WILL die
    soon and messy

but those following on, will have to face the NEXT generation of mutation
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

i like the insight foxy, but you forgot to add about how huge the market is for AIDS medicine... people make money off of AIDS like tobacco companies..

of course another huge problem is education, which may indeed be the fundamental problem people are negligent. Plus, a huge number of infected individuals don't they are until they've been officially diagnosed..

and i'm not so sure AIDS is really on a steady decline, or even decline at all, if anything its spreading to farther reaches of the world.. http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/Opinion/...2/1750480.html
    http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/hea...cle1218809.ece

Plus, AIDS prevention medicine is still in the very early stages: http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Stor...82%7D&keyword=

AIDS will be here for a very long time, and I don't think its very fair to say
    the reason it still makes news is purely through 'user' negligence
    The reason it makes the news is because of poverty, lack of education, lack of awareness, lack of treatment capabilities WORLDWIDE (only the lucky, wealthier victims live with it, and its generally at a maximum of 20 years)..

To claim that it spreads due to negligence is the same kind of rhetoric that informed the world community that homosexuals are the only one's with aids, and the way to prevent becoming infected is to ostracize homosexuals and stay abstinent from homosexual relations. Negligence may be a small part, but telling an impoverished unknowing AIDS victim that he was negligent in giving his wife aids is comparable to telling a three year old they were negligent for getting the flu after playing with their friends, or claiming that an elderly person was negligent in going blind early for not wearing sunglasses enough.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    when it first hit headlines
    my wife had to wear a full ABC contianment suit to work the beastie
    NOW they are 'allowed' to work with it in a 'controlled' environment

a complete downgrade by 2 generations in just a few years

africa will always be a bitch to educate because of distance / infrastructure issues

but in a LAB environment AIDS is a LOW threat source
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Ill grant you that. The huge scares are the threats of aids mutating and becoming an airborne virus, which is scary.. but improbable.

africa will always be a bitch to educate because of distance / infrastructure issues
    Africa is KEY, however.

I agree with the imporbability that it will mutate to be transmitted by other means. It's an extremely weak virus outside of the "ideal" environment of an organisms body. If I were to take a culture of it and dump on the contents on the table top, it would be "dead" within a minute or two.

Then again, are viruses classified as living things yet? I think the verdict is still out.
    \"Greatness only comes at great risk.\" ~ Personal/Generic

nah they're not "organisms" but if it DOES mutate successfully, that means that it WILL be able to "live" outside of its typical body environment, and therefore have adapted to succeed outside the body and inside.. kinda like how computer virii have evolved over the years, except not near as rapid/probable.