Thread: Personal Nmap problems

Personal Nmap problems

I just installed a Nmap port scanner, for my Windows XP pc; and I seem to have run into some execution problems, it installs but when I try to execute the program from the command prompt I keep getting invalid batches in response even though I wrote the write file that is located in. If you guys could help me figure out what the problem is it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I'd like to help but I don't really know what's being asked. Can you be more specific or clarify your question?
    "Do you know why the system is slow?" they ask

"It's probably something to do with..." I look up today's excuse ".. clock speed"
    -BOFH

sorry, i dont know what command should be (if any) asked in particular, or maybe i should just re-install the entire program. If there is no command that should be asked then could someone give me a step by step guide as to installing it correctly.

Originally posted here by heiress
    sorry, i dont know what command should be (if any) asked in particular, or maybe i should just re-install the entire program. If there is no command that should be asked then could someone give me a step by step guide as to installing it correctly.
    I'm getting really tired of your posts.... You're nothing more than a troll.. You know nothing and though you claim to be here to learn... you aren't... You want everything spoonfed to you and handed to you. There are plenty of tutorials on using nmap... There are plenty of them on this site and even more on google.. A simple search would help you out... If you can't install it... when it's a simple installer... then you have real problems... you need to go back to the basics and reevaluate your use of a computer...

HT's right: there's plenty of tutorials, just google them. And read the directions. Nmap's solid as a rock on Windows.

Hint: make sure you've got WinPcap installed and you run nmap from from a C: prompt in Windows. You don't know "command line", you're SOL.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

Geez, I am sorry. Don't get your panties in a bunch. I get the point. Won't happen again.

Angry

The admins just need to calm down when you get people like that instead just suggest they use google and be gone.

have some green! reds are bound to follow