Thread: Cached Domain Password Help

Cached Domain Password Help

Hey, I was trying to compromise a friends computer that he set up for me to prove a point to him and so we could have some fun. But I have run into a snag. I have the hash for the account I am to get access too, but I can't crack it because of my limited computer resources. I was wondering if some nice person here with a cluster or some computing power could try and crack it for me. I am trying to get this done by 7:00 AM GMT/UTC. I would be prepared to offer some compensation for a successful cracking as I have some money bet on a successful compromise of this machine. Although if you just wanted to do it out of the kindness of your heart and to help a fellow security enthusiast that would be great.

The hash is as followed (with the username and domain changed to protect the privacy of my friend). Instructions on how to crack this particular kind of hash in both Windows and Linux can be found here (care of Irongeek).

Code:
    test.user:A3BFFDD559DA3ABD610BBDA062BCBAC5:test-domain:test.fakedomain
    Thanks guys.

how much compensation... ?

Hey Hey,

You are doing this to prove a point but are willing to pay money for it to happen? You've removed the domain to protect your friend even though he set this up for you to play with. He setup an entire domain... hrm... legit copies of Windows server were used for the domain right? With an odd time deadline as well..

This sounds extermely fishy to me... had it be setup solely for you to play with there'd be no need to change the domain and the username... I don't trust this... So no... I won't help.

Peace,
    HT

seems to me like you should just show the person you are betting with that you know how to do it, but cannot BECAUSE of the limited computing power. This is like someone betting Jeff Gordon they can't do the Daytona 400 in the normal amount of time, in a go kart. Of course he could do it, but not in a go kart. HT seems right, but might be jumping a bit of an accusatory gun, it does seem a bit fishy, but anyway the moral of the story is: don't make monetary bets that you
    Code:
     a. can't monetarily backup
    and
    Code:
     b. can't backup via your hardware
    peace.

and due to the lack of response and online time, i think it's safe to say HT's correct.

//ME?

I just ban dick heads with dual accounts.................

But I always was a bad £$%^&* like that

//