Thread: Firewall Breaches

Firewall Breaches

Hi

Please refer to this page
    http://www.firewallleaktester.com/tests.php

I'm currently on Sygate Firewall as on reccomendations from the great AO and having no problems at all.

This Jetico Firewall tests grabbed my attention. Now there is nothing mentioned about Sygate on the site but i was thinking of switching over to try it.

Then i saw that it failes on DNSTester, Breakout1 and Breakout2.

Now what i want to ask is the severity of these bypasses in the firewall. I mean if they are the usually used methods then what is the use of the firewall that protects against all other breaches.

The test that this one fails are passed by only a few firewalls and moreover its free !!

Please tell me about the severity of the breaches and is it good enough to change and give it a shot ?
    \"The Smilie Wars\" ... just arrived after the great crusades

.... computers come to the rescue .... ah technology at last has some use.

Greeting's

Any kind of outbound traffic that BYPASSES the firewall is of CRITICAL RISK. It doesnt matter what the name is..

Second of all I downloaded the file's that you have mentioned... They seem to be infected.. I would like a comformation on this though...

Also this page was updated in March this year.. After which a new version may be out.. So check for that .. And lastly I think Sygate firewall is taken over by Symantec so i dont think you will find any updates or support for this.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

You need a hard firewall first.linksys is a good one and sygate is a soft firewall.I use then both for years.

Better yet go get yourself an old computer and still freebsd or smoothwall use it a hardware firewall. There are so many tutorials on how to set this up than you don't have to worry about.

Greeting's

Its not a tutorial.. but I found this in QuickTips ::

Don't try to answer a thread which has flashing date's..

Its symbolizes that the thread is old.. If the problem is not resolved and the thread is still on or in discussion you will notice that the dates of last few posts are not blinking in this case go ahead and answer.

Welcome to AO.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

ByTeWrangler

I had it pointed out to me a acouple of months ago that there are certain browsers, and even settings in the popular ones like FF/IE that will disable or not show the blinking text for the date.

So some people may never see it.

I would, respectfully, suggest that all new posters should look at the date of the last post in a thread before responding to it. If it is older than a couple or three weeks then I wouldn't respond to it.

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.