Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to hack - security

How to hack - security

nooo, this isn't a kiddie script thread..lol, i just realised that i could be taken that way by the title...anyway, i was just visiting the links page of AO, and I clicked on a few, browsing the websites, and i clicked on:
    http://www.how2hack-security.net/
    and on that page was:

This site has been recently hacked. The site will be fixed soon. Please visit here to keep updated.
    Is this a joke..or what?

i love these guys.
    you are entering the vicinity of an area adjecent to the location.

I think thats not a joke....someone hacked a site which claimed to teach how to hack.....so it taought the lessons back to the site admin!!! GOOD hacker!!??? or BAD??

Hope that it never happens with AO though!
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

- Albert Einstein

I rofl'd.

Pierce me with steel, rend me with claw and fang; as I die, a legend is born for another generation to follow.
    An\' it harm none, do as ye will. - Wiccan Rede

That is hilarious... it seems that security related sites are always prime targets for web defacements... just that little touch of irony...
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

It happens because hackers like challenges. They look for sites that present a challenge, and go at it
    Dont let a newb tell you how to do it, or should you?
    Signature image is too tall!

Originally posted here by Anti-AntiEarth
    It happens because hackers like challenges. They look for sites that present a challenge, and go at it
    I love comments like this... They show the true mindset of people today.

"Hackers" in the classic sense of the word like challenges... That word has all but been abandoned many places because of the negative connotations..

Reverse Engineers, Hardware Hackers (2 word term), Security Researchers, Pen Testers, etc... they like a challenge...

Skiddies like what's easy... These sites don't present a challenge... They are sitting with a vuln version of software that can be Point 'n Click Hacked (Which I'm gonna call PnCHd (Pinched)from now on... let's see if we can start a new term) or something that a single line of text will pull off ;echo "This site has been hacked" > index.html for example..

Don't think defacements take skill or talent.. usually they take a Bugtraq posting and a kid with too much time on their hands.

Peace,
    HT

Skiddies like what's easy... These sites don't present a challenge... They are sitting with a vuln version of software that can be Point 'n Click Hacked (Which I'm gonna call PnCHd (Pinched)from now on... let's see if we can start a new term)
    Pinched FTW!

Pierce me with steel, rend me with claw and fang; as I die, a legend is born for another generation to follow.
    An\' it harm none, do as ye will. - Wiccan Rede

Banned
    Yep gotta agree with Ht, PnCHd for sure..

that site has aged over the years. Most of those types of sites don't really upgrade the challenges, so eventually someone's going to be able to complete more then the game, wether meaning to or not..

Originally posted here by jockey0109

oh it's happened more then once:
    clickity click the link

well what version of vBulletin is running on AO...i fear if this too is an aged one!!
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

- Albert Einstein