Thread: Spoofing your user agent.

Spoofing your user agent.

I need to spoof my user agent for some kind of challange, I've found on the internet how to do that for Internet Explorer:

To change it open your registry and find the key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent\Post Platform].
    Each value name listed in this key will be sent to the remote web server as an additional entry in the user agent string. To remove any additional information delete the values within the [Post Platform] key. To add additional entries create a string value and name it the string you want to be sent.
    Create three new string values called "Compatible", "Version" and "Platform". Set them to equal what you would like to be displayed instead of "compatible", "MSIE 5.5" and "Windows NT 5.0" respectively in the example above.
    I know how to do this, but I was wondering: Can I change it back afterwards, will it effect anything else apart from what I want it to do?

Thanks for reading,

Unimatrix 2
    Got it Memorized?

Firefox has a plugin called useragent switcher, try it out, its quite simple and you can change back to firefox again quite easily.

Ok, thank you very much.
    Got it Memorized?

Or an alternate way is to use a proxy software and alter the agent-header send in HTTP.