Hi! First post...Here we go...

I am the present caretaker of a client/server Windows domain. 1 file/DC running 2003, 8 clients running XP Pro.

The issue: I am having difficulty in adding domain group accounts to the file structure on the clients. 1) I checked the PC's to ensure domain membership (Right-click My Computer--> Properties)-->Computer Name-->Change. Looks OK... 2) Right-click on any folder-->select "Sharing & Security"-->select "Security" tab-->"Add". In the text area that lists "From this location", I have the local PC name. I need the domain name.

OK...So I join a workgroup, and restart client. Logon as local admin, join domain. Restart client again. Logon as domain admin. Check "From this location" again in "Sharing & Security" (File structure stated above). I still get the local PC name....

I made some changes to sync NTP on the DC with outside time server per Microsoft guidelines((HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Config----Polling values, MaxPosPhaseCorrection & MaxNegPhaseCorrection DWORD values) with the clients(running NT5DS---W32Time). Clients and DC are synched on time presently.

Before making changes to DC, I could see domain name listed in "From this location" on clients. After a period of time, they would lose domain membership. After making the changes to DC, I can't get domain name listed in "From this location". Hence, cannot add group accounts...

Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated. Tks in advance......