Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help!!!

Lightbulb closing

closing comment
    Last edited by lcbs1; November 1st, 2006 at 09:56 AM.
    The Learner

Just surf through a web proxy server, you can buy it at any computer store, or go through one for free online.

However , I recommend getting a firewall, both software and hardware(router).....then they can have your ip all they want. Besides if you're on a common ISP, your IP address is probably Dynamic, and will change on it's own.
    Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes"; They will say, "Women don't have what it takes".
    Clare Boothe Luce

well.. the router is a start... you also need a software based firewall... I am sure that if you look through the previous topics you can find several discussions about which firewalls are best, everyone has their own opinion on that... and like techtech said, there are also free proxy servers that would shield your ip address...
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Myspace

I hate having my information out there....
    Then why have a Myspace page?
    You can\'t squeeze cheese from a goat before it\'s hatched.............

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    I have a myspace account and I noticed a few very weird friend requests for me to check out..I believe someone is trying to get my ip address and hack me...How can I find out this person's ip,
    To see who has been visiting your myspace profile and obtain their infomation is pretty simple. Heres how; There are various ways to do this but I like this way it works for me. Go to www.profilepeep.com and register an account there. Then when someone views your myspace account you will obtain their information. What information? Their picture, IP address, date and time they viewed your profile. Also, you must post the code in the 'about me' section of your myspace profile. If you obtain the IP address and you want to know 'WHO' it belongs to run the IP address through a WHOIS server. Hope this helps. Cheers,

The answer is "YES", but the real question is "why should it matter?"

You will have to give us more details of your internet connection, ISP, e-mail client etc. to get an answer.

You might also consider searching these forums for "IP address".............. the question has be asked and answered more that once.

What do you mean by a "myspace message"? .................presumably that came from YOUR myspace account, rather like a personal message on this site? I would be surprised if that carried your IP address, as it would seem to be a rather pointless overhead on the myspace servers?

I don't know if this would work but log into your myspace account and send yourself a message........see what information is actually transmitted. At the same time, go to your hotmail account and send a message just as you did with them. Compare the results you get.

As for your DSL connection, that gets you to your ISP, who give you an IP address. The fact that you may or may not have a router is totally irrelevant to this process. The issue is whether your address is dynamic or static .

Use this tool: http://www.dnsstuff.com/

Your details will be in the top right hand corner

Check if they change when you log off the internet and log back on (wait about 30 minutes)

I have sent you a private message.............think about it

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    I could be wrong
    NO

REALLY

if you know said person IRL
    THEN you're in the shizznitz

until then, kick back and enjoy life
    cos its FAR to short to worry about a transient thing like an IP addy
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

well i don't know what an IRL is??
    The Learner

So I was wondering if they could COMPARE ip address AND SEE if the person who logs into their account and searches and wrote to them from myspace....is the same person that sent them a hotmail with another name.....JUST because the ip's are the same....
    Yes, probably. Your ip address usually changes from time to time, depending on your isp (could be hours, could be weeks, could be never). You obviously don't know how to read email headers. Or how to use proxies. Those are good skills to have for the games you're playing.

Maybe you should quit screwin' around and learn something new...
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers