Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Port Forwarding D-Link DI-624

Port Forwarding D-Link DI-624

I'm trying to port forward several spplications on a DI-624 router. I am experiencing problems, one of the problems is with Warcraft III, where I am trying to host games. I have followed several instruction guides, and have these settings right now.

Advanced => Virtual Servers

Name: warcraftIII1
    Private IP: 192.168.0.100
    Protocol: IP(0) 6112/6112
    Schedule: Always

Advanced => Applications

Name: WarcraftIII1
    Trigger: 6112-6119
    Public: 6112

Advanced => Firewall

Action Name: Allow Warcraft III
    Source: *.*
    Destination: *, 192.168.0.103 - 192.168.0.203
    Protocol: IP (0), 6112-6119

I also have preferred DNS servers, and obtain my IP address automatically. I followed these guides:

http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.as...ort+forwarding
    http://portforward.com/english/route...rcraft_III.htm

And then something telling me to do the firewall thing. I am also trying to do this with AIM and a P2P program, and I don't understand the general rules of doing it, or if there is a generic way to do it. Any help?

AOs Resident Troll
    I find with dlinks...you have to be sure to enable the rule....is there a check beside your rule

Also if you are running windows xp..you will have to enable the ports in the windows firewall

Dlinks usually have an application tab where you can use pre configured settings......

another thing you may try is give your machines static addresses....by turning off the dhcp on the router and manually configuring ip addresses on your machines behind the router......

Just things to try...

Do you have any anti malware software that maybe blocking connections to your computer???

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Okay. I have Norton Internet Security 2005, and Windows Defender Beta 2. I have shut off the Norton firewall, and also the Windows Firewall was off. I don't think Windows Defender has any firewall. It doesn't work still. I had to talk to comcast recently (I allude to this in my OP) and had to use preferred DNS servers. In that same window (TCP/IP Properties) it also gives the option to 'Use the following IP address', and I tried this but did not know what to specify for the default gateway, and only made guesses as to what IP I could use (pinged 192.168.0.54 and it was empty so I tried). I dunno, lost internet gateway.

Anyways, how do I get a static IP address? Or is there anything else I should do?

AOs Resident Troll
    I was suggesting a static address for your computer....

turn off the dhcp on your dlink..and assign a static address to your computer within your dlink range.....your dlink is your gateway...usually 192.168.0.1

as static address on your computer will allow the dlink to find it...and your address can be 192.168.0.2 and up.........to 192.168.0.254

f you want a static internet address...you will have to ask your ISP...

you might want to make sure the box that comcast supplied is configured as a bridge instead of a router\firewall...just recently had this issue with a local isp myself

You should really read the manual.....

http://support.dlink.com/products/revision.asp

MLF

ADODB.Field error '800a0bcd'

Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.

/products/view.asp, line 15
    I don't know anything about networking and would rather not learn, reading a manual is difficult. Their FAQ did not work for me. I was trying to get a static IP address, but I lost the internet gateway. Will turning off DHCP make me have to go around and set static IP addresses for all machines on the network? Is there any other way? I'm trying and just getting discouraged by things not working when things on the internet say that it should be.

Edit - changed gateway, ipconfig:

Code:
    C:\>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
            IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.54
            Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
            Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

C:\>
    I can connect to the internet, I changed the router firewall to redirect 192.168.0.50 - 192.168.0.150. Still cannot host games.

AOs Resident Troll
    I don't know anything about networking and would rather not learn, reading a manual is difficult.
    learn to read a fricken manual...............or else hire someone that can

MLF

edit>your ip address is 192.168.0.254.........no wonder.....its looking for all those other addresses....and then getting confused...overheated...mostly.....tell the outer to go to 192.168.0.54.....then it should work

Man, that's bitter. I don't do any networking, and I'm just asking for really basic help, and I thank you for your advice, but it still isn't working. Edit: what? my ip is 192.168.0.54, not 192.168.0.254

AOs Resident Troll
    The router is looking for a range of addresses.,...not one specific one

I can connect to the internet, I changed the router firewall to redirect 192.168.0.50 - 192.168.0.150. Still cannot host games.
    Tell the router to point directly to your compter..........not 100 different addresses

it cant handle it...trust me..they overheat and get confused

Man, that's bitter.
    ...no thats the truth

MLF

Okay, well, now it's just mine (192.168.0.54).

It still seems confused, as am I. I don't know, but like, you can't just direct a newb to technical documentation. Like, I'm a programmer, and I know from my experience that I can't point people to MSDN documentation if they are newbies.

Anyways, here is everything relevant to warcraft 3 settings on the router, including the ones that I did not set myself (I did not include these in my original post, sorry. If I need to remove any of these entries or add more, I'd love to hear it).

Advanced => Virtual Servers

Name: warcraftIII1
    Private IP: 192.168.0.100
    Protocol: IP(0) 6112/6112
    Schedule: Always

Advanced => Applications

Name: WarcraftIII1
    Trigger: 6112-6119

Name: Battle.net
    Trigger: 6112

Advanced => Firewall

Action Name: Allow Warcraft III
    Source: WAN,*
    Destination: LAN, 192.168.0.54
    Protocol: IP (0), 6112-6119

Action Name: Allow warcraft 3
    Source: WAN,*
    Destination: LAN,192.168.0.100
    Protocol: IP(0), 6112

If you open your Dlink web configuration and go to 'Home" and then select the "Lan" button, this will show you all of the IP addresses on your DHCP clients list, one of these will be your IP address, (usually first one in line)that is the one you put into the box titled "Private IP" in the Advanced Virtual Server options.

Luck...

As was stated though by MLF, you really need to read the manual for your router, if you want a better understanding of the features that come with it.....
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson