Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Life Being Hacked!!

Life Being Hacked!!

can someone give me some advice? .....For the past year and a half.....someone has been hacking into my life literally.....my computer....my cell phone.....my house phone.......and im sick of it....im tired of changing my life because their sick!.....got rid of my cell.....got rid of my cordless phones and went to lan line.....and im always trying to get them off my computer......they moniter my IM's (yahoo) they install key logger programs.....trojans...etc etc....as far as my cell phone they were able to turn it on and record what was going on in the room at the time.....they downloaded my SIM card information...tracked my text msgs........I have contaced the police...and a P.I..........the police say unless there is a threat to my life I cant do anything....the PI wants money I dont have......I brought Zone Alarm....but im cynical.....I dont think it really works......can someone ANYONE PLEASE........help me out here.....it's been 18 mts....im beyond pissed off.....this person needs a life for sure.........does anyone have any REAL advice.....im tired of silly advice like.....run a virus scan or unplug your internet for an hour!!!!! been there done it all.... I need to keep this ******* out once and for all.....is that possible???!!!????

PS: I tried looking a full headers in email they sent me...they spoof EVERYTHING!! even messages they sent to my phone....they would make the text messages look like they came from my #!! or anyone elses they wanted.......

welcome to AO... give some more info... what kind of connection do you have? are you running windows xp? are you patched? service packs etc? what other security programs are you running? are you just paranoid?
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

im beyond pissed off.....
    Sounds like someone else is, too.

im tired of silly advice like.....run a virus scan or unplug your internet for an hour!!!!!
    What kind of advice do you want?

PS: I tried looking a full headers in email they sent me...they spoof EVERYTHING!!
    How do you know "they" sent you email?

the police say unless there is a threat to my life I cant do anything....
    So, they're NOT threatening you?

they moniter my IM's (yahoo) they install key logger programs.....
    How do you know? What are SPECIFICALLY you finding on your PC?

Your whole scenario sounds too good to be true. If I were you, I'd quit watching "24" and any other so-called reality shows. Then I'd download the Knoppix ISO and run my PC off of that for awhile (even if they hack that, just reboot and you're clean). Lighten up on the "good stuff" and think about where you've been and where you're going. Then think about moving.

Because if what you are saying is true, you've p.o.'ed some highly skilled people.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

Greeting's

Changing your life style makes no sence.. You need to know why, who and most importantly HOW they are doing this.. I think best would be just to post a Hijackthis Log it would.. If you know how to scan and post Hijackthis log it would be nice.. If you dont just ask.

Dont panic. Take care.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    Go live in a cave. No?

Download a live linux distrobution that runs from CD.
    Use that on a freshly rebuilt PC that you have checked for hardware keyloggers inside and out. Use a flat panel screen to cut down on those pesky TEMPEST vans or buy EM reflective paint for your office.
    Don't use a PC near a window and draw the blinds in the room.

Buy a phone without bluetooth. Get it unlocked and change your SIM regularly, change companies at the same time.

You might also want to go to the doctor and check that you don't have schizophrenia.

Just Another Geek

Re: Life Being Hacked!!

Originally posted here by syberladee
    PS: I tried looking a full headers in email they sent me...they spoof EVERYTHING!!
    How do you know THEY send it?
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I am curious how you know that they are getting all this info from all these sources??

All the advice given so far is dead on, you may consider weaing a hat made of aluminum foil.... Or it could be the MLB i hear they have satellites

All seriousness, how do you know they have this ability? Are these spoofed emails about your paypal account being hijacked (cause thats normal)

Give some more info
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

Check with your parents....? Mother-in-law perhaps....
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Sorry...not to be mean or anything...seems to be a lot of trouble to go through just for kicks and giggles...
    and...
    seeing as you haven't mentioned that you've severely pi##ed someone off enough for them to go through all this trouble...
    and...
    seeing as you haven't mentioned being threatened...just spied on and annoyed with messages...
    and...
    assuming you're not into some illegal activity that would warrant a massive attack on your privacy...

are you sure you're just not paranoid...or your split personality is doing this to you? Have you considered counseling?

Eg

Originally posted here by Egaladeist
    are you sure you're just not paranoid...or your split personality is doing this to you? Have you considered counseling?
    Maybe it's something like obsessive comulsive disorder or pseudologia fantastica?

If it's not, have you ever considered asking what they want from you?
    Got it Memorized?