Thread: Cookies Anyone?

Cookies Anyone?

I am looking for an application that will allow my browser to accept the cookies from a website, but as soon as it accepts them it needs to delete them. No button pushing, no running any app, it needs to be automatic. In addition it would have to delete the cookie out of the TEMP folder as well. I know I can configure my browser to not accept the cookies, but due to the programming of the website I have to accept the cookie to login. This is for a client of mine and they actually have 2 shared use computers and want to keep the clutter to a minimum. I recommended that they run an internet appliance or kiosk in vmware, but they want to stick with windows. If there isnt such an app to assist with the cookie problem , I will have to look into a different solution. Thanks in advance.

Don't most browsers have some "remove all cookies on exit" option ?

Is that what you are looking for ?
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Yes, I have used that option ... but with it being a shared computer a lot of people just walk away without closing the browser. I am looking for it to accept the cookie so the people can login into their site and then the browser delete the cookie immediately. I may have to script something to just delete the cookies every few minutes. If there was a way to script the launching of the delete cookies and delete files option in IE every 2 minutes or so it would work wonders. I am a network engineer and not much of an OS guy.

you could check out the cookie crumbler extension for firefox...but that one takes an entire click and it's not IE (which is a good thing but that's a different thread...)

another lame, untested but only maybe effective method is to create a script to delete the cookies and then run the task every minute or so

http://www.userscape.com/helpdesk/in...=kb.page&id=23

probably best would be to script the delete and then use cron for win

http://www.kalab.com/freeware/cron/cron.htm

you'd just need to figure out which cookies to target in the script (or all of them?)
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

WinPatrol will do this if you identify the site or put in a suitable wildcard.

http://www.winpatrol.com/