Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AntiViews - gore

Banned

AntiViews - gore

Loved and admired by all (not unlike all other moderators), never too shy to drop an opinion the size of the Internet on the heads of unsuspecting AOers and innocent bystanders alike, and playing the white bass and being proud of it: gore! This interview, of course, brought to you courtesy of vim, as it deals with even the toughest dirt. Prepare for lots of it, including stuff you didn't necessarily wanted to know...

gore's Antionline profile

Name: Allen Kenner (Like the toy company!....Was Seltzer)

Place and date of Birth (or age): Port Huron Michigan, just like Edison, and it was on November 30th 1982. I'm 23.

Current place of residence: Port Huron Michigan

Marital status: Hmmm, if I say single I'll get injured and if I say "In a toss up between two girls with a fixation on horror movies" I might too... Darn it.

AO: How did you get into computers?

gore: I was about 17 and my Uncle had one. I was messing with it for my first time and noticed something in it made dial tones. He was out of tone so I guessed his password and got online for my first time and started playing with it to see what else it could do.

He sold it to me a week later and that was around September of 1999 so it was my first PC and I had no manuals or books with it so I figured it out each night.

I'd stay up late with some milk and open up each program until I understood what it was.

The only one I couldn't get at the time was this weird program called "MS-DOS Prompt" but it's safe to say I've got that one now too.

From there I just started messing with it until I had learned how to use it, and a few months later I bought a Computer book. And within a year I learned what Linux was and started looking into that.

It was my first real adventure into other OSs.

AO: What is your area of specialty?

gore: Without a doubt, OSs. I've also been paid the comment of how good I am at BSing though as well, so Social Engineering is obviously there.

And I find humor in the most horrid things and try to make people laugh.

Laughing releases chemicals in your mind and makes you an easy target. *Teehee*

AO: What do you do for a living?

gore: I currently write articles for Jupiter Media. I love it. It helps me with my writing style (God knows that needed improvement) and I was offered a job yesterday at an ISP as a Unix admin. So I'm going to do both and College this year.

AO: How did you get into your career?

gore: I realised my allowance wasn't enough for a car. And then later discovered the things I did at home, were something you could be paid for. I liked it.

AO: Describe your education and/or training?

gore: My education is a work in progress, but my family calling me up every time Windows freezes is good tech support training.

I also set up networks for family members and friends and I have my own LAN at home, the BOFH sanctuary.

No users are allowed admin rights on anything *Giggle*.

I'm in college and I have about 3 classes to go before I graduate, and I've taken just about everything computer related they offer.

AO: Do you plan on staying where you are (career-wise) or are you still in school / working on certs to get into another area?

gore: I plan on doing everything I possibly can. One of my goals is woring for the NSA, and a good friend and fellow mod here has offered me employment which would help me reach that.

I'd finally be able to use my little BS talent and be paid for it, which is good because by the time I'm 40, if I'm still alive, I want to make Microsoft look poor. I want enough to buy my own Country.

When you're little you get told to reach for the stars but sometimes you need to hold yourself up on the clouds.

AO: What one piece of advice would you offer to others who may be interested in following a career path or educational path similar to yours?

gore: Hmmm, probably the same thing I ended the last question with, and this:
    When you're little you get told to reach for the stars but sometimes you need to hold yourself up on the clouds.

And this: Don't ever admit to failing. Only admit to succeeding in proving something won't work.

AO: What skill do you think is invaluable in your area of specialty?

gore: The ability to stay awake for days on end in front of a computer without moving or eating. Heh, in all seriousness I'd say if you're willing to put the time into learning your craft and you keep your Hope, you can do anything you set out for.

Something I think most would agree with though, is learning whatever OS you use inside and out.

AO: Describe one of your best / most effective security practices.

gore: Hmm, this works in life too:

Don't ever admit to failing. Only admit to succeeding in proving something won't work.

AO: Do you have a little-known fact about yourself (personal, hobbies, tech-related) that you would be willing to share?

gore: Hahaha. I think most people here know my hobbies. But just for the newer people I'll list a few:

I love the game Doom. I play it even though I know how old it is, but I love it. Basically any of the First Person Shooters from Id software, and Unreal Tournament.

I collect Horror movies from all over the World. I've been doing this since around 12 years of age and I have quite a good collection of things I've found over the years.

Lucio Fulci and Dario Argento would be a nice example of the Italian gore fests (Which is where I took my name from, my love of gore / Splatter movies) and I collect them and try to find rare movies like the original Cannibal Holocaust as right now the original is about 150 dollars.

Unix is another hobby, as is old software a lot of people have forgotten about. I really like messing with oldschool DOS and Unix stuff.

Another Hobby is learning History. I watch the History channel all the time.

I'm also into some aspects of Psychology. Mostly forensic Pyschology and studying what makes a Serial Killer tick.

Music is obviously something I'm into as well. I play Bass, Guitar, Piano and Keyboards, a little drums, and I love messing with turntables and making techno.

Punk, Metal, Hardcore, Industrial, Techno / Electronic / Dance / Tanz Metall, and oldschool like Hendrix, Joplin, and TheDoors.

And as a Bass player I also respect old Jazz.

I won't bore you with more. Heh.

AO: How did you find (out about) Antionline?

gore: When I first realized what a Hacker was from a close friend of mine after he had done something I didn't know was possible with a computer I wondered what else was possible. I was also looking for a job in computing and AntiOnline came up in the search.

Even I learned some new stuff about you..

Ever thought about making interpretations of game music ?? There are a couple of good sites to share some music.. With good positive feedback and critisizm..
    Also I'd recomend DooM Remix Project free downloadable 2 CD and especially Larsec featuring Elsa Persson - Darkness Dawning (Text Music) (not just because Larsec is an irc buddy of mine )..
    If you haven't allready seen it..

Should have allready pointed you there on MSN some time ago.. can't remember..

Now I'm off for more beer and some (here legal) canabis..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

I play the Doom theme on Bass, Keyboard and Guitar depending on what I'm doing from time to time.

T3h Ch3F

Hello

Originally posted here by gore
    I play the Doom theme on Bass, Keyboard and Guitar depending on what I'm doing from time to time.
    I ust admit to being Anti-Gore for a bit until I got to know him a little better Via Pm's and shizz. I actually have PM'd complaints about his arrogance to Mods. in the past.......but Gore is good ppl. Damn good ppl.

That is all.

Good to see Anti-ppl. back in the mix. Kudos Mods!

-Nicolas
    Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

Banned
    Hah Gore ol' pal i thought i had you all worked out, but off course there's always more to Gore then what meets the eye.

Enjoyed reading it mate, this should change certains peoples views about you for sure.!
    I'd stay up late with some milk and open up each program until I understood what it was.
    We've all been there bud, heck i still do it now when i'm sussing out some new program or game..

cheers
    acidtone..

Elite Hacker
    That was quick. Keep em coming :P.

edit:

rioter wants you to do an AntiView on him. He said he'll be honest unlike some.

Very interesting, Gore. But I can't seem to find any mention of the Misfits!!!! LOL

We are 138.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Thanks all

And hey, you know I'd mention Misfits, but I think everyone here knows they are my fav band. Heh.

And I'll throw in a free of charge quicky chubby joke about the more to gore comment:

There is always room for JELLO, and always more to gore

And yea Galdron has learned a lot about me personally over the weeks / months.

< / gore getting ready for a class >

I think Gore is pretty cool. I have read his FreeBSD tutorials and have gained alot from them. Someday I hope to know FreeBSD as well as he does.

Punk ass.

Learned some good digs. Nice writeup. Found it amazing that your first PC wasn't Linux.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.