Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AntiViews?

Elite Hacker

AntiViews?

What happened to the AntiViews? Did we run out of interesting people to interview? Just curious.

Excellent question, considering AntiViews was one of my favorite aspects of the website.. I'd love for it to be brought back, and yeah.. I'd be willing to run it myself if need be, I really enjoyed reading up on the interviews..
    Space For Rent.. =]

Hey Hey,

I seem to recall that this question was asked before and Neg said that the template was out there (in all the previous anti-views) and that anyone interested could easily take it and do one... but yeah. there's no saying smoeone couldn't pick it up and start it again.

Peace,
    HT

T3h Ch3F
    Originally posted here by HTRegz
    I seem to recall that this question was asked before and Neg said that the template was out there (in all the previous anti-views) and that anyone interested could easily take it and do one... but yeah. there's no saying smoeone couldn't pick it up and start it again
    I think what skiddieleet was trying to say was, why is Anti-view no longer an "Officially Endorsed" part of AO. like it used to be.......

Perhaps some people feel that AO. is on autopilot.
    Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

Originally posted here by Galdron
    I think what skiddieleet was trying to say was, why is Anti-view no longer an "Officially Endorsed" part of AO. like it used to be.......

Perhaps some people feel that AO. is on autopilot.
    That's fair enough... I'm guessing that Neg has other commitments outside of AO and doesn't have time to necessarily take care of Anti-Views.. or maybe he ran out of people he felt were interesting enough to interview..

Spyder has expressed an interest in doing them, I'm more than happy to compile them as well.

So how about this... you tell me who you want to read about. The site has tons of members, plenty of interesting people... PM me the names, post them here... email them to me.. I'll compile a list and we'll get anti-views for those members...

Ask and ye shall receive..

While we're having this discussion... How else does AO seem to be on auto pilot... maybe we can address some of your concerns.. or provide insite... better yet... what would you like to see happen that isn't happening?

Peace,
    HT

T3h Ch3F
    That's fair enough... I'm guessing that Neg has other commitments outside of AO and doesn't have time to necessarily take care of Anti-Views..

I am certain that Neg. has better things to do, that was not the crux of my comment.

I don't think that the Mods. should be responsable for content. I do however think that the "Owners" of the site should contribute to "their" site instead of just silently collecting banner-ad revenue.

Originally posted here by Galdron
    I am certain that Neg. has better things to do, that was not the crux of my comment.

I don't think that the Mods. should be responsable for content. I do however think that the "Owners" of the site should contribute to "their" site instead of just silently collecting banner-ad revenue.
    I'm sure Neg does as well.. but I'm pretty sure he start Anti-Views of his own free will... LIke I said though if people give us names we'll be happy to provide..

As for the site... websites are a business.... Does Bill Gates post on the Microsoft Blogs... Or update microsoft.com himself...

Think of it like any other business...

Someone opens a restaurant, they then hire an executive chef, who then hires the kitchen staff and waiters, who make the food and serve the guests... There are levels of separation

JupiterMedia owns AntiOnline, they put the Admins in place, the Admins picked mods, the Mods deal with the users...

See similarities here... Sure you get restaurants where the owner is the executive chef... and the executive chef actually cooks regularly but there are also examples of those scenerios on the internet...

Give an example of what you'd like to see contributed or changed... I'm sure they'll read it and see it.

Peace,
    HT

SpamMailBag.com Email Address Addition -- questions-antionline.com@spammailbag.com

T3h Ch3F
    Does Bill Gates post on the Microsoft Blogs... Or update microsoft.com himself
    No but he sends me sexy pictures of himself at least once a week. At least I know he still "updates" my Ghey thoughts of him personally.

Banned
    Why not start with the person with the most post, then go down the list that way, so after Nihil, would be MsMittens then Tiger Shark etc etc. at least that way we will get to know more about the more active members or something like that..?

or even do them on the Admins of the site, so that us members can get to know the people whom are in the pilots seat and overseeing everything.

just a idea or 2 i thought i'd mention.

Banned
    There's no particular reason for not doing them anymore... which means that I could start doing them again
    "start with the person with the most posts" is a good idea - any other suggestions for interviewees?