Thread: Python

Python

I have a python code that has a line:
    msg=rfc822.Message(sys.stdin)
    The python script running this extracts the message in 'msg' and then gets the various header fields out of it.
    However i ve just started with python and not able to figure out in the script how the mails are being sent.Something about 'procmail' was mentioned in the documentation but wasn't very clear.
    What the script does it is to automate file extraction(body of the message) through this mail.
    I am not very clear with the whole process.Can someone help me out.Any useful links are welcome too.

Hey Hey,

Is this a script that you've written... or something you've downloaded.. I'm guessing something you've downloaded and if that's the case you need to provide us with more than a single line of code.. either the script itself or a link to it....

Peace,
    HT

here's a part of script...

# Read the message headers from stdin
    msg = rfc822.Message( sys.stdin )
    fromwho = msg.getaddr( "From" )
    subject = msg.getheader( "Subject" )
    l = string.split( subject, " " )...

newayz what i want to know is that how to use procmail along with this python script...

I hate to quote myself but

if that's the case you need to provide us with more than a single line of code.. either the script itself or a link to it....
    I can tell you that it's reading from stdin from what you pasted which means you could pipe data into it from any program that prints on the command line... but that's about it...

Peace,
    HT