Thread: stats page

stats page

hi,

i think the www.antionline.com/stats.php page it not getting updated realtime or at all. i maybe wrong, but i have seen hardly any changes happening in the figures related to members.

the page image as on sep 4th 2006 is attached.

i honestly hope that this is a bug
    Hindsight is an exact science.
    MudBubble

the sep 6, 2006 page also shows the same no. of users-114715

im sure there were new registrations.

Hindsight is an exact science.
    MudBubble

Hi,

Firstly, moderators cannot answer your question authoritatively, as we do not have access to the database at that level.

This is a perfectly standard database security concept: only people logged in locally and with a need to do so, can look at the inner workings.

I am certain that this is not a real time database, and is refreshed on a cyclical basis. I do not know what the periodicity of the refreshing of the various elements is though.

We shall have to wait for a database administrator to come and look at it, although I cannot see it as taking a huge priority. After all, it is hardly a key feature of the site, and I am sure that a lot of members don't even bother to look at it that often. I think that the lack of response to your post demonstrates this?

So, I guess that we have to be patient. Incidentally, the front page stats seem to be working OK.

Banned
    Firstly, moderators cannot answer you question authoritatively, as we do not have access to the database at that level.
    Gore has Acceess... He mentioned it in a thread a few months back...

as he checked the server load on the site when JP's account kept banning itself when you lot removed he's little yellow .gif ..

The thread is in the addicts area. But i don't have enough posts under my belt to view that area anymore, so i cannot point out the thread in question..

Banned
    Unless Gore has been made an admin recently, he doesn't have access (just like, unlike you seem to believe, moderators do not have access to private messages...)...

Banned
    nothing really was going on, the load on the server wasn't huge,
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...r=1#post903768

Banned
    That's gore's way of saying that there weren't that many users online, I assume. You're quick to jump to conclusions again

The server load can be seen in the panel, but it's basically like looking at top in Linux without processes showing up. Or it could back when that happened.