Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yahoo password

yahoo password

hi all

Can anyone please help me out in getting my yahoo accnt to work. My password has been changed by some one. I couldnt login and tried alll possible options and tried all diff answers which i could remeber for challenge. Is there any tool to reset the password for yahoo. I'm totally out of the loop from my friends. Please help me out. Thanks in advance.

Email Yahoo and explain what has happened. The wil email you back asking you to provide certain personal information to validate your email and then reset your password for you.

Other than that......open another one.....they're free!!!

The only "tools" you will find recover the stored password from your system or from the Registry. So, if you know your password, and it wasn't changed using Your PC, they are of no use to you.

It is a good idea NOT to give correct information to date of birth and the secret question with these mailing systems. Too many people who know you will know the answers, and that is probably the most common way of getting an account hijacked.

As Nokia says, you will have to contact yahoo!............... and you will have to be patient and persistent.

Re: yahoo password

Originally posted here by bluescreen
    hi all

Can anyone please help me out in getting my yahoo accnt to work. My password has been changed by some one. I couldnt login and tried alll possible options and tried all diff answers which i could remeber for challenge. Is there any tool to reset the password for yahoo. I'm totally out of the loop from my friends. Please help me out. Thanks in advance.
    are there any tools to reset the password for yahoo? are you serious? you could always DOS them or code a 1337 sub7?!

Hey er0k I don't think that he meant it that way?.......................hell, if there were such a tool, yahoo! would be out of business inside of 24 hours

I believe he has heard of password recovery tools for yahoo! which will only recover the locally stored information if it is there.

i had actually mailed yahoo regardin this issue and they have said the same thing like password is case sensitive and all tht stuff. Since i created this mail way back in 2000, i dont remember the challenge. I was able to reach that stage of providing the challenge , but i couldnt do anything. How can i contact yahoo through phone..do they have any help desk or something. How can this happened??? couldnt understand..

Originally posted here by bluescreen
    i had actually mailed yahoo regardin this issue and they have said the same thing like password is case sensitive and all tht stuff. Since i created this mail way back in 2000, i dont remember the challenge. I was able to reach that stage of providing the challenge , but i couldnt do anything. How can i contact yahoo through phone..do they have any help desk or something. How can this happened??? couldnt understand..
    so you forgot your password from 6 years ago.. you don't remember the answer to your security question.. == you lost your account dude. sucks, but you'll just have to create another one. What are you going to tell them on the phone?

Hi this is ______ and I lost the password and don't remember the security question for my email account. Please volunteer this information to me and/or reset the password so that I can retain my account..
    That will result in a laugh and a dial tone.

Hmmmm,

You just might have a chance, but as I said impersonation has become commonplace so they are very wary.

Firstly you will have to get through to a real person which means finding a telephone number.

You will need all the details you provided when you registered the account.

You will need the password before it was changed and an accurate date as to when the password changed.

You will need quite precise information on mails that you have sent and received, who to/from, title, approximate dates, and so on.

Then you will need access to the e-mail account you used to set it up with.

I will ask you three questions:

1. Does anyone else have physical access to your computer.
    2. Have you used the account from a computer that was not your own and not cleared cookies, cache and temporary files afterwards?..............securely?
    3. Have you left an unsecured computer logged into your account?

I have heard of a guy who managed to get his account back................I think that it took him three months.

I feel this incident should have happened at my work place..cos till monday evening things were fine and i only go online at home using my laptop...from tuesday evening this has started and i'm wondering has anyone installed key loggers. Just wanted to know any known keyloggers i can find in my windows machine....thanks for all the responses.

What machine were you using at work? your laptop?

Also, do you use wireless connections at all?

EDIT: Would you please answer my three questions?