Let me get right into this problem...

Yesterday I was using a few programs to access my email, im, internet phone, etc. and everything was running fine until all of the sudden when trying to do one of the tasks I do just about every day the computer gave me the dreaded BSOD. I had to physically turn it off and when it came back on for a minute everything seemed fine. I got into windows and then all of the sudden I got another BSOD. From then on it would not get into windows but would just bring me to the same BSOD each time I start the computer.

I Know some would say boot into safe more or use the last good config. Well, I have attempted that many times and each time the same result and same BSOD.

Here is what I get at the top of the screen....

Driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal

and near the bottom it lists...

iastor.sys w/ stop and a bunch of number next to it.

When I ran a hard drive diagnostic it told me that one of my two mirrored drives failed the test and reported a error code 7.

I found out this BSOD has affected other Dell computers before and was lead to believe that this was related to the system drivers for the Intel Matrix component that connects my hard drives. Dell tells me that when I restored the comptuer last time I installed the drivers in the incorrect order and that caused the system to distabalized. They are willing to send me new parts, but I really want to get this working and use my data or at least move it off and start over without losing all my work.

How can I resolve this issue? What steps can I take to get back into windows again and save my data? I tried to use the WinXP cd, but when I try to go to the recovery console it goes BSOD on me so that is a lost cause. Anyone had this type of issue before or know of a way around it?