Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extra Extra !! How to check if BIG BRO is watching you...

Do the 'math', BW...

You tracert'ed NSA's website. THE one and only NSA? And on the way there, you passing thru "12.123.13.186", right? What is that, Room 641A or whatever, according to some mad Dr. Klein? And that's NOT their network? Get real, doood...

Personally, I don't think the en-ess-ay gives a feck if you surf eBay or Amazon (or even al-Jazeera), but if you're going to THEIR site, they gonna get your picture.

Get the picture?
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

You don't tug on Superman's cape
    You don't spit into the wind
    You don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger
    And you don't mess around with Jim'
    http://www.twin-music.com/lyrics_fil.../mess/you.html
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

no matter what computer you go to and do a tracert nsa.gov your going to get an att.net in their some ware its just one of the hops to the address try doing it to other sites, some sites its one of the hops through and some its not theirs nothing you can do about it.

Here's a chuckle: sffca.ip.att.net @ 12.123.13.186 isn't even up anymore. Seems that bit about nsa.gov is old news, going back to June. Got a bit of play on some libertarian sites.

In my experience, a number of outfits typically are holding hands with Big Bro: AT&T, Level3, Verio...it goes on and on. Got friends in southern KY who own a small isp and even they are regularly consulted by the FBI.

B-i-g d-e-a-l.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

Read you EULA for your ISP, it pretty much stated on everyone that I have ever seen that the ISP is allowed to monitor your traffic. So knowing that why is anyone suprised that the NSA may be? Wake up people, ready your ISP EULA and nothing should be of suprise. :-)

Traffic is also routed through the internet on different routes. Some packets may travel over AT&T circuits, some over Level3 and so on. I do not fully believe everythign I have read on this post and think its probably someones interpritation of what they are seeing.

Nice theory :-)
    \"Common Sense, isn\'t that common\"
    \"It is a lot easier to raise a child then it is to repair an adult\"
    -Kruptos

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    Nice reply. kruptos.

Now, a lot of ISP's do monitor 'users' traffic passing in the sense where we can see data moving, but we don't look into content, Just like the post office sees you package move from point A to B but doesn't look in it if you will.

Each system we use monitors the packet transfer differently. But we never look at content, just if traffic is passing or not.