Quote of the day
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quote of the day

Quote of the day

I was looking through older BBC news stories and came across this quote from a white house spokes person. It has to be one of the most hypocritical funny quotes I've seen in a long time.

''The president is worried about people in the neighbourhood who seek to destabilise neighbours using economic or other means,'' Mr Snow said.
    Source here

Anyone got a quote they can beat that?
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

"It depends on how you define "alone" ... there were a lot of times when we were alone, but I never really thought we were."

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is"

-- Bill Clinton
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

ok road i'll give you that one

Here is one for you from The former US ambassador to Canada, Paul Cellucci:

""The Canadians sell us an awful lot of oil, more oil than Saudi Arabia," he says.
    "Eighty-six per cent of our natural gas imports come from Canada. We get uranium, we get all sorts of resources. Interestingly all these resources are finite."
    "Water, on the other hand, as long as it keeps raining, is renewable, it is replenishable," he says.
    "I always found it odd that the Canadians will sell us oil and gas, but would not even talk about the possibility of selling fresh water."
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

Alright, found another one from that "stand-up" guy Paul Cellucci, I can see why so many people like him, even those who live in France...

"Part of the unfairness was that we took a Canadian citizen, shipped him to a third country without consulting with Canada,"
    apparently exonerating Canadian officials while also distancing himself from the Bush administration's various explanations of the phenomenon. This concession, however, did not explicitly take stock of the practice of extraordinary rendition itself, which could involve turning prisoners over to governments known to use torture.
    http://www.answers.com/topic/paul-cellucci

What an Ass...

Edit: In a bit of a mood today, are we skipper? Spreading it around
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

I have a few favorites:

"Great Spirits will always be met with violent opposition from mediocre minds" Einstein

"Foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds" - my Dad got this one from somewhere.

"Please don't ask me to join the mediocrity of your status quo" - Me!
    CuriousTwo

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

or my current favorite

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

"I'm so broke I can't pay attention."

The Recidivist
    "Never put off till tomorrrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow just as well" Mark Twain

"The tragdegy of the world is that Man does not know what he thinks he knows; and the less a man knows, the more sure he is that he knows everything." Joyce Cary
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

On the back of the T-Shirt one of the US Embassy guards was wearing when we went there for a combat pistol shooting competition a long time ago

"To Err is Human
    To Forgive, Divine

Neither are Marine Corps Policy"

Talking

On the back of the T-Shirt one of the US Embassy guards was wearing when we went there for a combat pistol shooting competition a long time ago

"To Err is Human
    To Forgive, Divine

Neither are Marine Corps Policy"

EDIT: I am leaving this double post as it is a bug hunt
    Last edited by nihil; October 20th, 2006 at 08:10 PM.